"Of course." Thea's features twisted in deep concentration as she scooted as close as she could get to him and pulled the collar of his shirt down. She was so close to him that she could feel his breath on her neck. Her heart began to beat faster as she tried to push the closeness of their bodies from her mind. It had been a while since she had been this close to anyone she liked even a little bit. "The wound seems to be healing okay. It's not infected, so that's good." She let her fingers run over his bare skin. "Does that hurt?"

"No," Severus breathed. Her touch was sending shivers down his spine. It was so gentle and cautious. She was trying her best not to hurt him. With her being so close, he could smell the apple scented shampoo in her hair, undoubtedly from the bottle that he had spotted on the bathtub earlier that morning when he was in the shower. "It's feels fine."

Thea adjusted his collar and then moved back into her former position. "I think you're going to be okay."

"I think I am. I'm very lucky to have come across you in the woods." He took a deep breath. He was so glad she wasn't that close anymore. "Otherwise, I wouldn't be sitting here."

She started to respond, but a loud knock at the door distracted her. She looked at Severus and then back at the door.

"Are you expecting anyone?" he whispered.

She shook her head. "I'm never expecting anyone. No one visits me out here," she said in a hushed voice. Then a sudden thought came to her. "It could be Harry."

"Could be, but probably not. Harry knows that we're a bit jumpy. He would announce himself." He got to his feet in a hurry. "I'll be in the bedroom."

She nodded. "Good idea. I'll get the door."

Severus picked up her wand off the table. She had a bad habit of leaving it there. "Don't forget to take this. Whoever is at the door may be hostile."

She took it, shooting him a strange look. Since when did he worry about her safety? "Thank you." She shewed him into the hall. "Go. Stay out of sight."

He rolled his eyes at her, but there was a hint of grin on his lips. Once he was out of sight, he grabbed his wand and held onto it tightly. He might need to use it to assist her.

Thea approached her front door cautiously. She had never had so many visitors in her life. Of course, her house had been hidden for the longest time. She closed her hand around the doorknob and opened the door a crack. The two men that were standing outside were people she did not recognize.

"Who are you?" she asked anxiously. Her heart had just started to slow when she moved away from Severus. Now it was pounding again.

The two men looked at each other. Then the one in front flashed her a toothy grin. "Travelers," he said. "We just want to know if we can use your loo."

Thea frowned. That was a strange request. "I'm not sure that's a good idea."

"Please, lady. We're out in the middle of nowhere."

"I'm sorry. I can't do that."

She started to close the door, but the man stopped her.

"It's just me and my brother." His voice sounded genuinely upset. "Are you alone? Is that why you're afraid?"

Her hand gripped her wand tightly. "I'm not telling you anything. Please leave."

She tried to shut the door again, but the man wasn't about to let that happen. He used all of his strength to burst through the door, knocking Thea to the floor. She flew a few feet backwards before she hit. Her wand clanked when it hit the hardwood floor. She scrambled to get to it, but the moment her hand closed around it, the man's foot came down on her wrist, followed by a sickening crunch. Thea cried out in pain. He slapped her hard across the face. Her head hit the floor and lulled to the side. She was unconscious.