Chapter 17

"What is wrong with you," I screamed at Dustin who was sitting on my steps.

"I'm sorry," he said crying into his hands.

"You fucking cursed out my boyfriend over text for over an hour! Who the hell does that?"

"I don't fucking know, Faye. I don't know what I'm doing. It was wrong and God damn stupid. I'll just leave and you'll never have to see me again."

"Dustin, your being stupid again," I said sitting next to him on my steps. "I don't want you to leave me. You just need to tone things down. You can't get pissed like that."

"It's hard not to." I wanted to say I know what I meant, but I've never lashed out like that before. "You know how it is. Remember when you fought Ella." Oh shit, I had completely forgot about that.

We remained silent for a while. I rested my head on his shoulder. "I just want things back to normal," I said finally. "You know, is dancing together."

"That's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

"You really think Frankie's gonna quit to let me dance with you."

"You're right," I admitted although I didn't want to. "I have class tomorrow. Can you fill in for Frankie again."

"If you think that's best, sure." Things got silent again. "I need to get home," Dustin said a few minuets later. He stood up and kissed my forehead and walked away.