Chapter 12

"Dustin please wait," I called out behind him. "Did you want something?"

"Fuck off," he hollered back.

"What did I do?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"I'm not an idiot, asshole!"

"I have a different opinion on that subject."

"At least tell me why you were at my house," I said. He stopped and turned around and I finally caught up with him completely.

"I finally realized what I did was wrong. A few buddies of mine told me Ella tried to hook up with them while we were going out. I figured now that I'm suspended I should put down my defenses and listen. I was going to say I was sorry."

"Why'd you run away?"

"I told you that you wouldn't understand. Plus, you looked kina busy." He stated to walk away again.

"Does this mean we're friends again, because I missed you," I asked and he stopped.

"I guess," I could hear the smirk in his voice. "Oh and those texts from the night after the party, Ella sent them." He left.

I went to bed that night happy that everything was fixed, except my arm of course.

It was weird that Dustin was talking to us again, but we still didn't see him in school. Frankie and Chloe dat across from me on Tuesday (we were trying to keep things low-key). I wanted to talk to Dustin and the only way was to text him. So I did even though we weren't supposed to be on our phones.

"What's suspension like," I texted.

"Shitty... I'm stuck in my room because I lost my house keys," he replied.

"That sucks."

"I was thinking about taking classes again."

"Frankie's kinda enjoying it."

"I miss dance."

"I miss dancing with you," I almost wrote, but realized I sounded clingy. I erased it and started over. "I'm sure you do, but it might be too late to come back."

"Dammit! It's not like it even matters... I'm grounded until my suspensions over."

"Lol that sucks."

"Thanks a lot Faye... I've gotta go."

===========================
It was about a month later and, of course, Dustin was sill grounded. We didn't see much of him after school, but he texted us as much as possible. The piece of shit cast was still on my arm, but my doctor said it would be off soon. As for Frankie and I, well things were going good. Out dancing was improving because of our feelings, we went out almost every night after dance, but no one else knew about anything.

It felt wrong hiding my relationship from Chloe, but it was nice just keeping things between Frankie and I. Things were getting harder to hide though. We were out getting pizza one night and...

"Pick up for Frankie," Frankie told the cashier at the pizzeria.

"Uh just a moment," the cashier went into the back.

Frankie and I had been holding hand, but he pulled me into a hug when guy left. We were looking into each others eyes and he was flirting a little. Out of no where the door opened and out of the corner of my eye I saw Chloe walk in.

"Stop being an idiot," I said pushing Frankie off of me. He gave me a confused look and I gestured to Chloe with my eyes.