Chapter 2

Chloe lay there on the front patio. Blood streaming down her face. Austin quickly joined us outside.

"What the fuck do you want," he asked me angrily.

I knew better not to talk back to him. Last time I did I got a slap across the face. "I was just say hi, sir."

"Hell, no move," he pointed down the street.

I looked sympathetically at Chloe and Michele before I left. I wish I had the guts to call the police on that bastard. If it was up to me he would already be behind bars.

I finished my night with a shower like usual. Then I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning to a heavy object on my stomach. When I opened my eyes I realized what that object was.

"What the hell are you doing here," I asked Dustin who was now sitting on my bed.

"I wanted to make sure you got up this morning," he said smiling. "Get dressed." He grabbed my bra off my dresser and threw it at me.

I wanted to throw it back at him, but he was already behind my door. I quickly got dressed and met him downstairs. My mother and him were sitting on the sofa.

"I need a picture of you two," she said taking out her phone.

"Really," I said giving her an annoyed look.

"Come here," Dustin basically leaped off the couch. He picked me up and dipped me.

"Aww," my mother said and took a picture.

"If I find that on Instagram," I said, but I knew she probably already had it posted.

"We've gotta go. I don't wanna be late," said Dustin, who was still holding me. He ran out of the door while I bounced along in his arms.

I could hear my mom laugh as the screen door closed behind us.

"Can you put me down," I asked when we were safely down the steps.

"I don't know. Can I?"

"Put me down wise ass," he gently sound me around and set me on my feet.

"Is Chloe coming to school today," Dustin asked concerned.

"I passed by her house yesterday and I would say no."

"Dammit Austin," he said shaking his head.

"We need to help her."

"You've said that for years now. Hey listen, I don't wanna worry about it right now."

We continued walking to school. Once we scanned our ID's in the bell rang. We quickly ran to the auditorium to get our home rooms.

They were already calling names when we sat down.

"Dustin Samuels," they called almost as soon as we sat down. Dustin got up and joined he rest of his class.

He stared (what I like to call) bro hugging his guy friends.

"Chloe Turner," they called.

I was about to say she was absent when I saw her running to her other classmates. Dustin quickly hugged her (not a bro hug) and whispered something to her.

"And lastly Faye Welkins." I got up and ran over to Chloe.

I gave her a big hug and said, "it's so good to see you." She looked pretty shaken up and her eye was black and blue.

"I missed you two so much," she pulled Dustin into the group.

When we let go Dustin's friends began to tease him.