twenty one • pilots

Depuis le début

Destroya shook her head, turning on her heels to face the cold of the city once more. "I am being rational- with them out of the city it'll buy the Killjoys more time. They need more time. A lot more time."

"I know, and our time doesn't go that far ahead."

To see Brightside following her so closely earned a faint smirk, but Destroya said nothing about it. Instead, she just nodded. "Still waiting on you-"

"It's not time yet."

"You've always been obsessed with time," Destroya remarked, "besides, what exactly are you waiting for? Me to hit forty three?"

Brightside shook his head. "No, the oldest of the Fabulous Four to 'hit' thirty two."

"Then I can finally fuckin' die. Good." 

Silence claimed the two, Brightside knowing that there was nothing he was gonna be able to do other than go along with her plan and cross his fingers that it would work. 

- X -

Josh Dun, what a controversial topic. 

The not-so insane boy that was just battered and broken by the corporation before he could do anything meaningful with his life. 

He'd thought long and hard and actually decided his Killjoy name would have been Mister Misty-eye or something cool. That or Lane Boy. 

His only friend was the psychologist that came by once a week named Tyler, who'd kissed him once, but he didn't really know what happened after that. He never did it again, but Josh wished he would. The door creaked open, as it was only used for the times when Tyler came in (Josh was given food through a small hole in the wall- his arm barely even fit through). It slunk ajar, footsteps coming inside and stopping behind Josh. 

They weren't the usual footsteps he was used to, they clicked as they moved. Tyler's footsteps sounded after the clicking shoes stopped, but Josh still didn't turn around, because a lighter pair of boots entered behind Tyler. Masculine, though, as they shuffled and sounded heavier than the first footsteps (female- they clicked like high heels and the steps were light and many). 

"We're moving you," the woman said, nudging Josh. When he turned to look at her, he observed her dark but imperfect complexion. She obviously was outside a lot. He deducted she was African American anyways, but her hair was brown and was up in a tight and professional bun. Her face was cleaned of makeup, yet it looked like she wore it often (her eyebrows were drawn in, and for not wearing any other makeup this was odd and showed his previous deduction).

"Why?"

"Killjoys are in the building, wrecking havoc in the city."

The man that answered wasn't Tyler. He was taller, and he had dark hair but tan skin, so he was out in the sun often as well. His eyes were mystifying, Josh would admit, as they seemed to flicker between brown and hazel. Clean shaven, that seemed to be something that didn't change at all. However, he still had guyliner on, which perhaps gave it away that he was not a Better Living employee.

Tyler, however, didn't look too different. He had his usual white clothes on and a black tie, his eyes flicking around the room nervously. He still seemed abnormally thin, but what could Josh do about it? It hit him then that the two in the room that were strangers must be Killjoys as well. All Josh knew was the safety of Better Living (safety meaning that he had food and shelter and clothes even if they were uncomfortable), yet he yearned to know what the outside was like. 

"Where are we going?" Josh elected to ask, still looking at Tyler. He was the only thing he knew that didn't hurt him somehow, so therefore was the only person he trusted.