Chapter 6

Duncan's Pov.

  We were finally leaving to the camp and it stopped raining but I wonder how Courtney was doing she won't tell anyone why happened to her that day.And nobody knows how scared she must've been those past days of rain but today she looked fine even though you can see in those light brown eyes there was sadness.

   I would like to ask her so many questions but if she doesn't even tell Bridgette then I'm sure she won't tell me. I was day dreaming the whole time until I got to camp until I saw mail.

"Hey is this camp Wawanakwa?" The post man said "Yeah did you bring mail?" Of course he did what kind of question is that "Yes and do you know a girl named Courtney there a letter for her" he asked looking around " Yeah I'm her friend I'll give it to her" then the man give me the letter and left. I went looking for Courtney she was sitting by herself in the shade under a tree.

"Hey Courtney why are you alone?" She just looked at the sky "Hey Courtney are you ok you got a letter from home here" I past it to her but she started to shake a lot she then grabbed it and opened it. "What is it?" She just got up and walked away she didn't answer my question but she must be in a bad mood so I just left her alone.

Courtney Pov.

I got a letter from my mom and dad but one letter was just from my mom and the other my dad my moms letter said.

"Hey Courtney I'm really going to miss you and I really do hope you achieve your dreams on becoming a layer and what not but happy early birthday when you come home there is going to be a present that I want you to have please take good care of it and no matter what don't let anyone get in the way of your happiness and dreams

                                 Love mom"

I didn't know what she was talking about until I read the next letter that's when everything came crashing down.

"Courtney this is your father your mother passed away on Tuesday 12 at 6:30 pm I want you to come home for the funeral it's only going to be 4 days I want you to stay and you will still have 2 months of summer left just come home for those 4 days.

                   From~dad"

   I was in my room crying for hours to no end and all I thought about what was my father going to do with me and what about the only person I called family? I'll just go to the funeral and come back I should get packing now.

   I left not telling anyone a thing except Chris he said it's fine as long as I come back and so I got into the buss and left.

Duncan's Pov.

It's been 1 day and I haven't seen Courtney where could she be? Then I saw Bridgette crying into Geff's arms and I walked up I them.

"Hey what's wrong and have you seen Courtney?" Bridgette just looked at me with the "don't you know" face.

"She's gone back home but she'll come back...maybe" she said crying but what does she mean she's going back home and that she might come back home what's going on? "Look Duncan you don't know this and I barely found this out today but Courtney's dad is very abusive and he hurts her a lot emotionally and physically" Geff said I was so surprised I was speechless I just stood there like an idiot why didn't I noticed sooner.

Courtney's Pov.

After the day of driving I get home open the door and I ran up the room and locked the door I hate when I'm alone with my father but since there's no one else to take care of me what should I do then I see a box that says Happy Birthday To My Baby oh mom when she called me her little baby and her little princess I started to cry and my tears rolled down my cheek and onto the box and it had a picture of me and my mom after my dad left we were so happy and then I saw the necklace that I wanted from the store it was a small heart shaped necklace I loved it and had a small it had a smaller picture of me and my mom init.

Then my dad busted the door open and I put the necklace in my pillow my father was drunk to the bones I was scared because when he's drunk it's not a good sign.

"See it's all your fault you bitch now all because of you your mother died" he said he came closer and there was something in his hand. "Now all cause of you she's dead no longer here why the fuck were you born if you weren't here she would still be alive" then I saw what was in his hand rope and a belt I tried to run away but he then he knocked me out before I knew it I was tied up and I had bruises all over my body my skin was no longer mocha it was purple and black I wanted to go to camp Wawanakwa and to see my mom one last time why why does this happen the only person I truly cared about is now gone maybe just maybe if I didn't attach myself to anyone they wouldn't get hurt ya that will be easier nobody cares for me and if nobody cares for me then thy won't get hurt and I won't have to cry if they left.

So then why am I crying who do I miss I just want to go to the funeral and go to camp where everything's ok.

Jose's Pov.

I remember Courtney telling me how she's afraid of rain and how her dad hurts her and when I went to visit her she wasn't there and her friend Bridgette told me she went home because her mom died and that she might not come home I knew if she didn't get back by 3 days then somethings wrong she wouldn't stay for her dad because she hates him and I wonder how much she's in pain that big hole in her heart all those scares on her wrist what can I do?All I can do now is try to make her happy and to show her life is worth living nobody really notices that pain her eyes the frown be hide that fake smile she has gone through so many troubles but nobody cares.

Duncan's Pov.

Bridgette told me everything and then for the rest of the day I felt a big pain in my heart and a whole in my stomach I felt so bad not knowing all the struggles she has gone through and I don't even know how to comfort her yeah I know I'm a delinquent but I have a heart too this is just a bunch of bull shit why does she go through stuff like that? I ended up punching the wall and making a whole and I do hope she comes back after 3 days and it's been so hard to sleep knowing someone you truly care about can be hurt hope your safe wherever you are.....princess.

Well I hope you like that chapter and wait for the next one😉wait and see what happens to Courtney till next next chapter