Forty Six || Drunk Protests

Start from the beginning

She takes another sip. "Y'know, I don't know what I did to deserve this anyway. I didn't do anything. I thought we resolved everything. Well guess not," she laughs dryly.

I guess she's going to tell me what happened. I already guessed before she started drinking tonight that she is the honest drunk. If I really wanted to, I could get her to tell me anything.

"Maybe he doesn't want my body anymore," she looks down at herself, looking at herself.

If that were the case, James would be a complete lunatic to be angry about that. She has a great body, really nice. I always liked the way she looked, but I have never really been attracted to her. Even if I was, I couldn't do anything about it because James wanted her pretty much the moment he moved in there.

I shake my head, "Don't think that, Vena. That's not it," I tell her. I want to make sure she does know this because I don't think any girl should ever think they are not attraction. Although the girl may not be attractive to me, there is someone that will find her attractive.

"Why Ryder? What if it's true?" she asks in a sad tone. Why did James have to do this? Maybe if he wasn't always such an asshole to her, then she wouldn't even be here right now and I wouldn't have to reassure her that she is beautiful.

"It's not, I promise. He's probably just in a mood or something. Don't take it personally."

She nods, shrugging. "Whatever."

I hope that she just shrugs this whole thing off tonight. I really don't want to talk about feelings at all. They give me a fucking headache.

Grant approaches me with his arm around his girlfriend. "Hey Ryder," he smiles.

Vena turns to look at you, "Hey! I saw you today," she giggles.

Grant nods, "Yes you did Vena," he nods,"Ryder, does James know that you are here with her?" he ask.

Vena scoffs, "He wouldn't because he is all alone at home, sulking," she laughs again. It seems that everything is humorous to him.

Grant nods slowly, "Ryder, can I speak with you in the hallway?" he asks.

I nod. Clair lets go of Grant and sits next to Vena to keep her company.

I stand up and follow him into the hall. There were not too many people in there. Grant stops and turns to me.

"What are you doing with her?!" he starts, "Do you not remember what happened last time Vena came over here. James was pissed and he will be again," he crosses his arms.

I shake my head, "I didn't do anything, she showed up at my dorm and said James and her got into another fight. This is not on me."

He sighs, "Well don't try anything with her, you know how easily James gets jealous. If he shows up here tonight and sees her with you, he'll kill you," he looks at my with all seriousness.

I understand what he's saying, but I'm going to just leave her alone. When people are drunk they do stupid things– like cheating. I'm not going to let her ruin things between James and her. I know that they love each other, it's so obvious. There are people here who will take advantage of her because she's drunk.

"I'm not going to leave her alone, she'll do something dumb and you know it too," I glance over his shoulder. All there was was one couple making out. I shake my head, I guess they didn't make it to the room.

"Whatever, just don't try anything with her, " he repeats himself.

I nod, "Okay I get it. I won't try anything," not that I could.