You were behind him, silent and observing, but he knew you were there. 

'I killed them,' he said, voice thick as he fiddled with a broken part of a circuit board. 'The sand people. They had my mother, so I got revenge. I slaughtered them all like animals,'

Sucking in a sharp breath, you watched him as he grumpily made his way over to another side of the room before collapsing onto the floor and pressing his hands to his face. You were hesitant, fearing for his mental stability, but padded forwards and knelt beside him gently anyway. Tentatively, you reached and took his hands away to reveal the face of many unread emotions beneath.

'Are you- are you angry?' You felt the words move out of your mouth before you had control, and the silence of his response made your heart sink to your gut. 

'I was,' he admitted. 'Now I just feel... I don't know, empty, I guess,'

'Oh,'

He looked up at you with desperation in his eyes. 'I'm not proud of myself if that's what you fear. I realise the error within my actions, and I take full responsibility. Killing is not part of who I am, and it's not the Jedi way. I see that now,'

Your chest heaved with relief and you fell beside him, resting against his warmth as he reached out to cradle you against him. You could feel his tense muscles and you could feel his grief, so you turned to look at him one more time before whispering:

'I'll always be here for you. You know that, right?'

'Of course,' he said, voice hollow.

It was at that moment that you sincerely worried for your loved one. An angry tone seemed far, far better than the one he spoke right now.

Luke Skywalker

The flames licked at the neatly organized pile of chopped wood that held up a still figure, his gaze blank towards the sky. Luke watched on as the red and orange hue of the violent flames collided together and ate away at his deceased father, who had died saving his son from the Emporer's wrath.

You tip-toed across the bridge, feeling the heat of the fire intensify with each step you took closer. With a gentle touch, you reached for Luke's shoulder and gripped his arm with your other hand. He tensed at your touch at first, but smiled down at you sadly and relaxed when he realized who it was.

'I'm sorry it had to happen like this,' you gestured to the burning pit, listening to the wood crack and snap beneath the heat. 'I know you longed for your father.'

Luke sniffed and quickly wiped away a tear as soon as it fell from his eye. 'I just... it physically hurts to think that all that time, a good man was trapped behind this wall of hate. And nobody ever bothered trying to save him. In fact, they did the opposite. They manipulated him,'

Seeing Luke in such a state made you feel like someone had taken a spoon and carved your intestines out with it. Wincing, you reached for his hair and brushed aside a piece to get a better look at his face. You raised on your feet and gently pressed a kiss beneath each of his eyes, the taste of salty tears lingering on your lips as you pulled away.

'I know, Luke, I know. At least, he died a good man,' you said firmly. 'You were able to bring out that side in him when no one else could,'

He sighed against your touch before slinging an arm over your waist and holding you against him. The two of you watched the flames and the belching smoke with relief in your hearts: it was finally over.

Han Solo

'Hey, loverboy,' you said haughtily, moving through the ship with a hand on your hip. 'How's it going? Is she all fixed up yet?'

Han cursed under his breath as a spark and a puff of smoke attacked at his fingertips when he worked away at the tangled control board of the Falcon. 'No.'

'Oh,' you pondered for a moment. 'Need any help?'

'No, I can do it,' Han protested, eyes flickering over the panel as he reached to repair it. Again, he sparked up the smoldering wires. He let out an angry breath and thumped his fist on the panel, causing you to jump back.

'Easy, easy,' you sat on the free seat next to his side. 'Is something troubling you? You're not usually like this,'

Han raked his fingers through his misshapen hair and leant over the controls. 'Ugh, it's nothing. Just.. nothing,' he decided, shaking his head and getting back to his work.

You reached for his arm and turned him away from the tools. He looked worn out and saddened; his hair was tangled and his eyes were outlined with the haunting colours of exhaustion. Your eyebrows turned up with concern, and your grip tightened on his bicep.

'What is it?' You questioned, wanting an answer but knowing that it wasn't going to be easy. Han was stubborn and it took a helluva lot of convincing to get him to open up.

'My mother,' Han said, looking defeated and more innocent and vulnerable than any youth you'd ever seen. His eyes spoke the truth his mouth desperately didn't want to, but he let it out anyway, which caught you by surprise. 'My adoptive mother, that is. It's her, um, anniversary. I mean- she passed away ten years ago today,'

Your eyes widened. 'Oh, Han. I had no idea,'

'No, nobody does,' he shook his head solemnly. 'I don't really talk about it. It's one of those things I feel is better kept personal and reserved,'

'So why'd you tell me?' You asked.

'Because I trust you,' he shrugged, voice blank and emotionless. Your head thundered with questions, but you decided to keep quiet. 'She never had a real funeral, ya know. She was just, well, burnt and that was that,'

'We should celebrate her life, then,' you said with a sense of unease to your tone. You weren't sure he would go along with what you were suggesting, but you wanted to try. 'We could go out, have a few drinks. You can take me back to your home, and we can talk about our family and get all sentimental. Just lose our minds together,'

He chuckled dryly. 'Alright, stunner. If that's what you think is best,'

You beamed at his response and wrapped him up in a tight embrace before laying a kiss between his eyebrows. 'Your mother's life will be celebrated with dignity. It's what she deserves, after all,'

___

Hey! I would make an authors note, but I hate the idea of disrupting the flow of updates, so I thought I'd just add a little something down here. I've been considering adding new characters in, but I'm not sure who. Probably Kylo Ren, because he seems like such a diverse character that I want to dwell on for a while. What do you guys think? Kylo or no?

Also, I've been addicted to the new Star Wars: Battlefront game. Does any of you have the game, too? For those who are on the PS4, add me and maybe we can play a couple rounds together. My username is IzzaPuddin. Hit me up!