Chapter 5- A Mansion

The house seems larger on the inside.

Multiple doors are in every hallway, and I don't understand why this builder needed so many rooms if he lived on his own.

The kitchen is the first thing I find, and the cabinets actually have food in them.

Not spoiled food, good food.

"I think I might have just died and gone to food heaven." I mutter, walking to the living room.

Inside it looks as if there is a TV, and not one of the newer ones they created, its an old one, one from before the sickness.

They were normally locked up in museams if the odd one wasn't found in a house owned by someone who survived the sickness.

Was he one of the survivors?

The pictures on the fireplace on the other side of the room catch my eye and I walk over, blowing the dust.

I cough as it flies into my face.

One the dust clears I look at the photos.

All of them are of a woman with golden hair and blue eyes.

Odd.

One picture has writing peeking from the frame.

My hands are drwn to the frame as I pull the picture out and turn it to the back.

My dear Hudson,

Please forgive me. I didn't mean to leave, but I couldn't hang on any longer. The sickness was too much for me. I wrote this letter to tell you that I will wait for you.

-Jen

What does that mean?

Maybe this was his wife and she died during the sickness? I'm not even sure.

I put down the frame and continue to explore.

The next room seems to be what I assume is a computer room and library mixed together.

So many books....

The shelves reach all the way up to the top of the room.

Two computers sit dormit on the desks in the middle of the room.

I turn on the lamp and fold open the computer screen, looking for the power button.

My fingers meet to button in seconds and it turns on with an odd sound.

The screen shows that I need a password, and it looks to be three letters.

Three letters.....

I wonder....

I type in the name of the girl, Jen, and up pops the desktop.

"Sweet." I say, looking through all the files.

Most of them seem to be blue prints, and a couple are maps.

Then a folder of pictures catches my eye and I open it.

The first one in the huge variety is someone with the sickness, making me look away at the cold, dead looking eyes.