They must have another secret elevator, I determined. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. I was mildly curious where it may be hiding.

James, Jayy and Van were going into what I recognized as Van's room. I had never been in there and didn't really see any need to, but I was slightly curious as to how it would look like. I imagined Van's room would have more personality than Axel's, simply because he as a person had more personality. It was probably neater and simpler than Axel's, too. 

I dropped my backpack on the floor against Axel's wall and grimaced, stretching my back. I brought all my homework because I knew that I probably wouldn't be able to sit for 3-4 hours on just my Chemistry shit, I'd get bored of that, so my other homework would be for me to switch over when my brain was starting to hurt of Chemistry. 

I had half-developed a routine at Axel's: drop my bag, take my shoes off, find a comfortable spot on the floor, maybe sitting against the wall or with my legs crossed on the carpet, open up my laptop and playing my 'ignore Axel' music, work on homework until I needed to pee, have a small break, find Annabella and play with her, continue working, have dinner, maybe see Annabella again, continue working, and then someone would take me home when I was visibly tired. 

Of course, I had to spend a significant portion of time talking to Axel when doing the homework, or otherwise sitting beside him, elsewise I could have just done it alone at my house. We had plenty of discussions about things, he didn't like something I wrote, I didn't agree with the way he wrote something, but at least he was able to keep things focused most of the time.

However, this time I was staying the night. Since we had more time, from the afternoon up until late afternoon the next day, I decided to stop working for the day after dinner. 

The stuff I was doing had to be done with Axel, so instead of playing my music and getting to work independently I took a seat in the middle of his bed and spread out sheets in a half circle with a radius of a full metre. 

Axel had enough common sense not to move my papers. He sat at the edge of the bed—his own bed. I felt a glimmer of satisfaction seeing him behave so submissively even in his own bed. I've trained him well, I thought, pleased. 

We got to work, and eventually I had a list of things we'd need to do the project. Axel changed his clothing from a brand name shirt and jeans into gray sweatpants and a tight white tank top that hugged his every muscle, displaying his abs even through the shirt. 

I stared at him when he turned around to throw his clothes in the closet. He looked good. The tank top was very snug and I could see his nipples and the lines of his abs through it easily, not to mention his arm muscles. His V line was prominent and when he moved I saw his back muscles flexing. 

He would have been really hot had the smirk on his face not been present. 

Yes, Axel was purposely flexing and shit. How did I know? Because every time he did he sent me smug looks. He was still going on about that bet he made when we were locked in the closet, about 'making me wet' for him or whatever. 

Hah. 

Even on the occasion that I was enticed by his physical appearance (because obviously I would never become attracted to his personality), I had enough restraint to retain my common sense. 

All that bullshit in the stories about losing yourself in love and not being able to control yourself around the person you love was exactly that: bullshit. That would never happen to me. Say, hypothetically, I did fall in 'love', I'd still be able to control my decisions, my reactions and ability to think, just not my emotions. Lucky for me that I was never controlled by emotions to begin with.