Barely Breathing

"Down," Jack hissed. In a movement so fast Elsa barely saw his hands, he unbuckled them both and rolled onto the floorboard, lying flat on his back.

Elsa settled herself on top of Jack, so she was facing him, her head tucked underneath his chin. "Am I hurting you?"

He silently shook his head. His hands wrapped around her waist, and he held her close. Elsa felt her cheeks flood with heat, in response to all the physical contact.

Jessica spoke up, "Guys, this is really weird."

"What's happening?" Jack asked.

"There's like three black helicopters flyin' over the city. They're going back and forth. Like they're lookin' for something."

"Or someone," Jack murmured.

"Hey, they passed us. You guys can get up."

Elsa made a move to get back in her seat, but Jack's grip on her waist tightened, holding her in place. "I prefer the position we're already in."

Jessica snorted, and the car lurched forward. "Suit yourself."

Jack rubbed his cheek against Elsa's. "You know," he whispered, "while we're here, we might as well... be efficient with our time."

"Efficient?" Elsa asked, bemused.

"Yeah. We could do something productive."

She smiled. "What did you have in mind?"

Jack's lips gently touched hers. Though her lips stung, Elsa felt a rush of ecstasy. She returned the kiss with as much passion as she could without hurting her lips. Jack held her tighter and tilted his head at a sharp angle before crushing his lips to hers. Despite herself, a pained whimper escaped her. 

Jack inhaled sharply and drew back, studying her. His eyes met hers. "What happened?" His thumb gently brushed her lips.

Elsa rested her head on his strong chest. He had enough of her problems burdening him. He didn't need one more. She ran her fingertips along his paper hospital gown and fell silent.

The car jerked to a stop. "You guys need to get a room. It's a good thing you're goin' to a hotel."

Elsa ducked her head and blushed at the comment.

"I'll get you two a room and then come back. We'll use the back entrance. Hopefully, no one'll see us." Elsa heard the car door open and slam shut again, making the vehicle rock slightly.

Jack's fingertips ran up and down the length of her spine, leaving little tingles in their wake. Elsa shivered and snuggled closer. "Are you sure I'm not hurting you?"

A smile played on his lips. "If you were, this would be worth every moment of pain."

"So I'm not causing you any pain?"

He shook his head, still smiling slightly. "Not currently."

The car door opened again. "You two done in there? I got you a hotel room. It's on the first floor. Hopefully, fewer people will see you there."

With a grunt, Jack sat up, so Elsa was seated on his lap. Jessica unfolded the wheelchair, locking the pieces into place. She handed both of them jackets from her trunk, to help conceal their faces. After putting the jacket on, Elsa helped Jack into the wheelchair and pushed him towards the glass door. Jessica inserted a plastic card into the slot of the knob. It opened with a 'click.' She opened it and allowed Elsa and Jack to pass before closing the door after them.