Soft and Sweet

A/N: I'll be posting a few extra chapters today. Partially because I've missed to many, partially because it's a late Christmas present :)

Bright golden sunlight streamed into the room, bathing everything in a cheery golden glow.

Jack tenderly kissed her forehead. "Good morning."

"Morning," she whispered.

Elsa tried to stretch, but she realized Jack had her cradled to the side of his body; her head rested in the crook of his arm. She blinked several times, clearing the sleep from her eyes. Jack gently caressed her face, pressing soft kisses to her forehead. She closed her eyes, committing the feel of his kisses to memory. His hand slipped behind her neck and he pulled her to him, holding her close. The soothing, spicy scent of peppermint enveloped her. She placed her hand on his broad chest, feeling the steady thump-thump of his heart. She clenched the fabric of his shirt, willing him to stay with her forever, before burying her head into his chest. 

"Hey," Jack murmured, pulling back slightly to peer into her face. "It's okay."

Elsa blinked rapidly, clearing the tears gathering in her eyes. She swallowed and glanced downwards, avoiding his gaze. Out of her peripheral vision, she saw Jack's azure eyes watching her intently.

"Happy Thanksgiving."

She turned towards him, confused. "Thanksgiving?"

Jack nodded and twirled a tendril of her hair around his finger. "It's today."

"Oh. Happy Thanksgiving."

Jack's azure eyes sparkled. He leaned closer. His warm breath ghosted across her face. "Do you know what I'm thankful for?"

Elsa inhaled sharply and drew away. How much more of her heart could he steal? She absent-mindedly placed a hand over her chest. Her breath hitched when HE placed his hand over hers. She couldn't seem to breathe as his eyes locked with hers, as if he were delving into her depths, reading every thought. Elsa trembled, suddenly feeling vulnerable. He eased closer and ran his fingers through her silky, platinum-blond hair.

"What?" she asked softly.

He smiled gently. "You."

He lightly touched her cheek, making tingles course through her body. She scooted farther away, her heart fluttering against her chest.

Jack sat up and easily closed the distance between them. "Why are you running?"

Elsa put more space between them. "I'm not running. I'm scooting."

Jack smirked, moving closer. "Sure."

Elsa huffed. She moved a few more inches. She let out a surprised squeak when Jack wrapped his arms around her and the two rolled off of the bed in a tangled heap. Elsa landed flat on his chest, his body cushioning her fall. Elsa gasped, becoming hot all over. She splayed her hands and tried to push herself off of him.

"Excuse me," she murmuring, blushing hotly.

Jack wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back on top of his chest. 

She stifled a gasp. 

"Wait, I like you right where you are."

"Jack," she scolded, vainly trying to escape.