Fearless

Jack brushed Elsa's hand and her heart fluttered. Her entire body grew warm and flushed. He turned towards her. Elsa realized he had told her something.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Jack smiled. "You weren't even listening to me?! I'm offended."

He playfully nudged her, sending more heat through her body. His low chuckles sent tingles up and down her spine. She couldn't tear her eyes away from his face.

All of his features were chiseled, his strong jawline, defined cheekbones, and straight nose. His soft white hair was tousled boyishly, daring her to touch it, and his azure eyes sparkled brightly, each shade of blue clearly visible. He was breath takingly handsome, especially when he smiled. Her heart did another funny little flutter. He casually slung a strong arm around her shoulders and her breath involuntarily hitched.

"So, what's the best store for these... things?"

Elsa shrugged. "Any women's clothing store would have them."

"Alright, women's clothing store here we come!"

They walked into the first one Jack spotted, though he stayed outside and gave Elsa some privacy to pick out her unmentionables. Elsa selected a few of the necessary items before checking them out and leaving. She stopped short of the entrance. She spotted Jack's tall, muscular frame. He was casually seated at a bench. Just the sight of him made her blush. She tentatively touched her burning cheeks. What's happening to me?

Her hands began to tremble. She hadn't felt this... aware of him in a long time. Whenever she saw him, it was like a rush of churning emotions. She realized with a start that she simply couldn't control her emotions anymore. A small part of her felt excited, adventurous even, but terror was the emotion that pervaded her being. She inhaled deeply and tried to think about her situation logically.

She could obviously survive on her own, if she needed to. All she needed was a job. Then she could rent a small apartment. Elsa knew she was a coward; that she was running on the battlefield, but the fear snaking through her urged her to flee. She'd be better off by herself anyway.

Elsa turned and discreetly made her way to the other side of the store, where there was another exit. She peered around the corner and saw she was in a different part of the mall. Elsa raced through the crowds of people, nudging and pushing aside the occasional person. She'd find a small, insignificant town, where no one would find her. She could leave in peace if she only found isolation. Her pace quickened.

"ELSA!"

Her heart plummeted before it raced, pounding against her chest. Had Jack seen her? She couldn't risk looking back. She was running so fast, she nearly tripped over her own feet. Elsa turned sharply and ducked into a store.

Her breath still came in heavy pants as her eyes darted around, searching for a suitable hiding place. She had a feeling that Jack would overtake her if she kept running. Elsa hurried to the counter. The small store was empty, save the cashier.

"Hello, ma'm, how can I help you?" Her brown eyes had a maternal compassion to them.

Elsa decided to trust her instincts. "Can you help me, please?"

The woman's eyes widened. She must have sensed the desperation in Elsa's tone. "Help you, dear? What do you need help with?"

"I-I'm running from my... boyfriend." Elsa figured the woman would be more apt to help her if it was Elsa's 'boyfriend.' "He's a bit obsessive and I tried to end things with him, but... he's not taking it well. Can you hide me? Please?!"