Chapter 9

__2__'s POV:

"I got it!" (f/n) screeched happily, making both you and Liu jump.

Up until a second ago, the two of you had been relaxing on the couch, just talking and watching TV, until your sister's best friend came running over from the bedroom, screaming that she had cracked the code. You were confused whether you had to ask her what she was talking about or just yell at her to calm the fuck down 'cause she was giving you a headache.

"(f/n)-" you started, but she interrupted you by grabbing you by the shoulders.

"Mushroom!" she yelled in your face, looking euphoric for some unknown reason.

"__2__, my condolences. It looks like your friend just lost her fucking mind," Sully grumbled from his spot beside you on the tacky red couch.
"And if she keeps giving me a migraine, she'll be dead too."

That immediately shut the blonde up and she stared at the killer with big, fearful eyes. You sighed and rolled your eyes, shrugging (f/n)'s hands off of you and glaring at her.

"Mushroom, what?" you asked her.

"It's a room without any doors or windows!" the girl told you excitedly, forgetting about the killer's threat again and squealing about her own riddle solving skills.

You and the brunette boy stared at (f/n) in shock, neither of you expecting (f/n) of all people to find the answer to that riddle. That is, until she told you how she found it.

"I can't believe none of us even thought to Google that stupid riddle!" she babbled happily.
"I mean, our generation barely even breathes without a freaking computer!"

"How come I didn't think of that?" you wondered aloud.

"Because I'm smarter than you, duh!" the blonde giggled, rolling her eyes for emphasizes.

"Yeah, right!" Liu laughed at her.
"Somehow I seriously doubt that,"

"Wha?! Since when do you two get along?" (f/n) asked offended.

"Since we decided that our cause is more important than personal feelings," you told her coolly.

Liu nodded at that and the blond girl pouted, glaring at the both of you. Didn't she want you two to get along? You honestly had no idea what was going on in that weird head of hers and to be fair, you really didn't want to either. Let the chick just live in her fantasy world, you didn't give a shit.

"The question now, though, is what the hell little bro means with mushroom," Liu murmured thoughtfully.

"I guess we have to wait for the next hint to find out," you reply shrugging.

You acted as calm as you could in this situation, but inside you were screaming out in happiness to be one step closer to finding where that monster had hid away your sister.

__1__'s POV:

"You know the drill," Jeff grumbled while he led you through the hall towards the bathroom.
"5 minutes, that's all you get."

"How about a shower?" you asked curiously, hoping to get a little more bathroom time.

"Only when I shower with you," the pale faced killer snickered.

"Never mind," you mumbled quickly, making Jeff laugh a little louder.

After that, Jeff shoved you inside the small room and locked the door again. You stumbled a little, but found your balance in time thanks to the crutch Jeff had given you to walk with.

"Clock's running!" you heard Jeff yelling from the other side of the door and you rolled your eyes.

"Ass," you huffed before stumbling over to the little bathroom window.

At first, you tried to just open it, but soon realized that it was bolted firmly shut. You frantically searched around for something to help you. The only useful thing you laid eyes on, however was a piece of broken off tile lying in between the shower and the sink. You quickly grabbed it and rushed as fast as your broken leg could carry you back over to the window to try and jam the piece of tile between the hinges of the window and force it open like that.

You knew you had to be really quick if you wanted to be out of here before Jeff came to get you, after all, five minutes is a really short time. Just then, you heard the door creak open.

"Ready to head back?" Jeff asked coolly, watching you while you casually washed your hands.

Your heart leaped with relieve when you realized you had been quick enough to not arouse suspicion by the serial killer. You gave him a small smile and nodded your head, turning off the tab before grabbing the crutch and following him back to your room, also known as the basement of this dump.

Once you arrived, you allowed Jeff to lock you back into the chains before he went to take his leave. You watched while the pale faced boy walked back over to the heavy metal door that hid you from the outside world and stopped there for a second to give you an amused smile.

"And don't think you were fast enough, __1__," he said chuckling.

You stared in shock while the door fell closed behind the laughing serial killer and realized with a cold lump in your stomach that you might have blown your only chance of getting out of here on your own. Now you really had no other choice but to hope your sister could save you.

ge^b