Chapter 9

(Chloe's POV)

I couldn't sleep. Knowing that I ditched my best friend for my own benefit sickened me. I couldn't take the guilt. My televison is off and so is my music so it's dead silent. It was beginning to grow deafening. The silence becomes too much to handle. I get up an turn on the television. The news is on and I decide to just leave it. It was sound, and that was enough.

"Lucy McMillan, abducted yet again. After having been kidnapped from her grandparent's, she eventually showed up at a hospital just hours away from here. Before doctors were able to discover who she was, she'd been taken yet again. Police believe her kidnapper has a fixed association with her. Certainly a tragedy. Police are out looking for the abducter who is assumed to be someone by the name of Luke Bogers, in fact, a teacher at the local high school. Police are doing everything to get Lucy back into the safe custody of her grandparents," The lady announces on the television.

I quickly shut the television off because I've heard enough. So, Lucy went through this again since the last time I saw her? I suddenly feel really guilty. How could this have happened yet again? What did Luke have for her? Why was she so important to him?

Guilt washes over me and it becomes more than I can take. I slap my alarm off my bedside dresser. I start to trash my room, throwing everything and screaming. I never thought guilt could feel like this. What was I even thinking? My parents come in on the scene. My dad runs to me and holds me so I can't trash anything else. I sob into his chest, clutching his shirt as if he would dissapear at any moment.

He just holds me and rocks me back and forth. This is the second worst I have ever felt in my entire life. If I told someone, I knew I would be shunned and hated. My parents help me clean up and then leave me to wallow in my pain. I didn't tell them why I freaked out. They wouldn't understand, so they just leave.

How could I have done this to someone I considered a best friend...

(Lucy's POV)

I wake up a few hours later. When I look around, I realize I'm back in the basement. It smells like death. It was then that I realized that David's corpse was in front of me again. I start to scream and kick. Why would Luke do that?

Speaking of the devil, Luke comes down the basement steps looking pissed. I continue to scream and kick, "Why did you do this? Why do you hate me? Fuck you! I fucking hate you!"

Luke doesn't like this too much. He slaps me with something hard. I soon find out that it's a gun. The same gun that he killed David with. I shudder at the thought and sight of David's dead body.

"Listen up, I actually love you. That's why I keep bringing you back. Now, we have a plan to kidnap little Miss Chloe, too. You didn't honestly think I would leave her alone did you?" Luke smirks. Love? What kind of love was rape and torture?

"Fuck. You," I spit. Blood comes out of my mouth and lands on Luke's face.

"Whatever. You better start listening better or there will be consequences. I can promise you that. Though, it won't be fatal as David's had been." Luke nonchalantly states. Luke raises his foot and kicks David's body. I can't believe he adopted him and then just tosses him out like he's nothing.

"See you later, babe," Luke says and leaves. When he's gone, I start to puke after seeing and smelling David's dead body. Puke spills out like a slot machine winner. It kept coming and I couldn't bring myself to look away from David's dead body. I should have done more to protect him, to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Luke finally comes back down and brings me upstairs after untying me. I run straight for the trashcan. Luke chases me at first, probably thinking that I was trying to get away. I pull the trashcan closer and puke up everything left inside of me.