FIMBULWINTER || Chapter 18 - I Screamed at a Funeral Then We Became Famous

Start from the beginning

"Agreed," Laevateinn said in a muffled voice.

"Mm-hmm," Futhark said, standing up.

Joyeuse sat up. "Why?"

"You're the one who decided to be a drama queen and deduce shit in front of everyone." I took out my phone from my pocket and felt further down for my lucky charm. Yep, the four-leafed clover's still in my pocket.

"Excuse me, aren't you the one who made a scene at Anna's funeral?"

"'Wag na kayong mag-away," Futhark said. "Ipaghahanda ko na lang kayo ng meryenda kaya maupo na lang kayo r'yan, ha?" He went to the kitchen.

I hopped away from the couch and took Futhark's seat. I raised both of my feet up on the chair's armrest. "Let's see if somebody tweeted about us."

"I doubt you'll find a tweet." Joyeuse blew raspberries. "How are you even going to—"

"Oh look there's a few under the hashtag Seven-Minute Semblance."

Joyeuse sat on the armrest of the chair I was sitting at. "Let me see."

I showed him a tweet that read:

#SevenMinuteSemblance is peak college teamwork. Sana all may matatalinong kaibigan sa ibang course.

Joyeuse scoffed. "Peak college teamwork?"

"Ang gusto siguro nilang sabihin ay kapag nagtulung-tulungan ang bawat course—"

"I understand Filipino, Irish, and Kapampangan well, Edward Dace, move on to the next tweet."

'Di mo nga naintindihan 'yong jejemon na message ni Joriz Pineda, sinong niloloko mo.

Other universities should adapt that special curriculum #SevenMinuteSemblance is enrolled in. We need more students like them.

"Edward Dace, tell me..." Joyeuse crossed his arms and drummed his fingers against them. "Didn't Lance and Dr. Lo specified that the initiative was confidential?"

I paused. "I... I wasn't the one who mentioned about the special curriculum."

"Futhark?" Joyeuse called.

Futhark poked his head from the kitchen. "Yes?"

"Did you mention anything about the special curriculum yesterday?"

"Nope!" Futhark disappeared into the kitchen once again.

"Huh."

Futhark suddenly jumped out to the living room with a panicky look on his face. "Nabanggit ko na magkakaklase tayo sa curriculum!"

"But you didn't say anything about it being special, right?" I asked.

Moment of silence.

Futhark snapped his fingers. "Hindi ba si Joyeuse 'yong naunang nagsabing I can't believe I have to stick with you for four years?"

Joyeuse shook his head. "Edward said I'm a Mass Communication student, not a bloody detective first."

"We're not going to accomplish anything by saying who said what," I said. "Siguro mas maganda kung pagpaplanuhan natin ang mga susunod nating gagawin, ngayong gumagawa ng tunog ang pangalan natin."

They both nodded in agreement.

It was me.

I was the one who said we belong to a special curriculum. I was the one who blabbed.

I could see myself getting expelled.

Che Dio abbia pietà della mia anima.

Look, I didn't do it on purpose. Surely there was lack of common sense and absolutely no presence of mind in my part but if we're going to talk about lack of common sense then we'd have all of our biographies combined for proof and reference.