FIMBULWINTER || Chapter 21 - Kiel Alf Whitdur

FUTHARK WILL DIE

FUTHARK WILL DIE

Nicholas James.

5. November.
Friday, 10:30 a.m.
Coronado University.

Pardon me whilst I sort my thoughts out and count the good and the bads here.

I told Edward Dace where Melissa is. Good.
The executives of Wonderland Organisation finally trusted me with the Mad Hatter's plan. Brilliant.
Time hasn't said anything since she confiscated Heimdall's list from Alice. Bad.
The Mad Hatter's binder was thick and ominous. Bad.
Somebody texted me, saying his boss'd kill Alice and Kiel on November 6's school play. Bad. Very bad.

I frowned. The Bad outnumbered the Good.

Who in the heaven's high tea party would threaten Alice and Kiel and contact me? Somebody from the org? Somebody jealous of them? A fan? A goat? Mrs. Memoria's pet chicken?

I replied to the bad guy: "Please don't, that's not very nice."

I snuggled my bunny bag and watched students come and go, run to and fro, live their lives, and simply be human. Funny how the world seemed magical, yet ugly. Funny how you can die inside without the world noticing.

Funny how Time would never stop for anyone.

I phoned Arthie. "Ciao, bunny," I said. Bunny-bun bun.

"Yes, sir?"

"Somebody threatened Alice and Kiel. I'll drop my phone by your office, trace the sender of the threat and bring him to the org. Know his boss's name. Torture if necessary. Double the org's men in Coronado University."

"Yes, sir. Anything else?"

"I want them alive. I want to see the face of this person who thought he could easily threaten the Mad Hatter and get away with it."

"I'll keep you posted... sir."

Call ended. Slipped my phone in my pocket. Snuggled Mr. Rabbit.

I sighed.

A second later, I ran around the university quadrangle, looking for Alice. "ALIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

She was not in the quadrangle, she was not in Wessex, she was not in Northumbria, she was not in Kent. Professors and student assistants chased me and forbid me from screaming. Said I was distracting other students. I didn't listen and kept running.

I was quick like a bunny! To the Essex Theatre Hall I went!

"AAAAAALLLIIIIIII—ciaaooo, Elizabeth, have you seen Alice?"

Elizabeth said Alice was with the others, rehearsing for the play, and that she could pick her up for me. I told her I was wondering if Mr. Henry Fortes would be glad to have me watch the play too and she agreed to give him a head's up. I was jumpy when I saw Alice.