You and I

There were not enough seats. Hunter, Meghan and I were sitting on the couch over by the window of the boys hotel room. Niall had pulled up the armchair and was sitting next to Meghan. Harry and Liam were sitting on the bed in front of us and I suppose that Zayn and Louis could have sat up there with them or on the other bed but then they would have been too far away. Louis was sitting on the floor, leaning against the bed frame and Zayn was leaning against the wall, arms crossed.

"Why don't you join me?" Louis asked, patting the spot on the ground next to him.

"Naw, I'm fine." Zayn said. I almost offered to move closer to Hunter so he could squeeze in next to us but I knew he wouldn't take me up in the offer. We had been discussing school and the boys tour life when Liam asked the ultimate question,

"So are you a fan of the band Hunter?" Hunter laughed a little and shrugged.

"I've listened to some of your guys songs, thanks to this one." He said, nudging me. I smiled. "But i don't really know the names of any of them." He furrowed his brows, thinking. "Actually I do know one, it reminded me of the lady gags song. You and I. That ones pretty good."

"Zayn and Harry wrote that one." Louis said proudly, hitting Harry's leg. Uh-oh.. Dangerous territory. I knew for a fact that Harry, with Zayn's help, had written that song about me.

"Do you guys write all your own songs?" Hunter asked.

"For the most part yeah." Liam said, looking around at the other boys and nodding his head.

"Who helps you guys?"

"Other artists or um our producers sometimes and Terra." Niall said, snapping his fingers and pointing at me. I blushed red, and shook my head no.

"I don't really help." Hunter was giving me a weird look.

"Yeah you do. You helped Harry write Summer Love. That was her first song she helped us with." Louis told him. "Don't be shy love. You've helped us out a lot."

"Is your name in the credits?" Hunter asked curiously.

"Um.. My initials.. They give me a shoutout in the songs I've helped write and then in the thank you at the back of the booklet. A lot of fans know who I am and if they a Terra in the thank you and in the credits for the songs, they'd look me up with my last name and.. Yeah." I shrugged. "I'll show you sometime."

"What else have you helped write?" He asked. I was glad we were taking more about this than about Harry using me as inspiration.

"Right Now, Still the One, Something Great.." Harry listed off slowly.

"One Thing, Better Than Words, Alive." Liam continued. "It was actually her idea to use the titles of other songs for Better Than Words." I blushed.

"It was really nothing!" I exclaimed. Hunter was smiling at me.

"I knew you were in a band but.. I didn't know you wrote original songs."

"Well.. I did but we never performed them or anything."

"And she won't show us her songs. Sharing is caring Theresa." Zayn scolded lightly.

"They're nothing special and if you guys stop bugging me about it.. Maybe I'll show you them when you're working on your next album." The boys grinned.

"Atta-girl!" Louis said excitedly.

"Nothing special?" Zayn repeated. "That's gonna be a lie." Everyone started laughing but Hunter wasn't ready to drop the subject for some reason. He kept asking questions.

"So who writes the songs mainly?" The boys looked around and my palms got sweaty. Liam glanced over at Harry.

"Harry does mostly. But we all have a hand in it." Harry shrugged, not meeting Hunter's eye or mine.

"Writings fun." Was all he said.

"What's the inspiration?" Everyone was quiet. Harry looked up at me but quickly averted his eyes. Hunter caught this slight eye contact though and looked at me.

"I would think it's just experience." I began, stepping in.

"Experience yeah. And sometimes the words just come to you. Can't really explain it." Zayn said with a shrug.

"Like people." He was still looking at me.

"People, maybe." Niall said with a nervous laugh.

"Have they written songs about you?" Hunter asked. I wrung my hands quietly before clearing my throat.

"Uh.. Yes." I wasn't going to lie to him.

"Which ones?" He pressured. I pursed my lips.

"Umm.. Strong." I said softly. "Everything about you.." I stopped. I didn't want to tell him about all the songs inspired by me, even if it was just the title of it.

"Wasn't You and I also.." Louis began. I stiffened and he shook his head quickly. "No, wait. It wasn't." But that was a lie.

"Huh.. Okay." Hunter said with a shrug. I caught Harry's eye again but we both looked away quickly. Slowly, we moved onto a different conversation.

A/N:
Short! Sorry!