Caught

"So are you and Hunter okay?" Meghan asked lightly as we finished getting ready to head over to the boys hotel. Hey we're taking us out to dinner tonight, they were tired of fast food and room service, and picked some fancy restaurant downtown for all of us to go to. I was excited really, but also dreading the experience.

I again, wanted to hang back and talk to Harry. This time though about the kiss. I just hoped he wouldn't try to do something like that again.

"Yeah, Hunter and I are fine."

"Even after you told him about the kiss?" I nodded my head vigorously.

"Yeah.. I started crying, I thought he was going to be angry and break up with me but he actually hugged me and told me everything was going to be fine." I paused. "We talked after his class was over." I murmured, recalling the conversation.

I had been so nervous that I was shaking. My hands, my legs, my entire body basically had the quakes. I was sitting in the cafe, water bottle and a bowl of fruit in front of me but I wasn't hungry or even remotely interested in the food in front of me. This is where Hunter said we should meet. It was sort of neutral ground and there were lots of people around so we wouldn't get into a fight like we might behind closed doors. Was that why he wanted to meet here? Did he expect that we were going to fight.

"Hey." I jumped slightly when up Hunter sat down. He chuckled lightly, taking my hand as he dropped his backpack off his shoulder. "Jumpy are we?" I squeezed his hand.

"You don't hate me right?" I asked.

"No, I already told you."

"But... But Harry kissed me."

"So I'll hate him... If that's alright?" I shrugged, not knowing what to say. Hunter stroked the back of my hand with his thumb. "I don't hate you Terra and.. I do believe you when you said you're not cheating on me."

"Really.." I asked, beginning to smile. Hunter nodded.

"Of course. I don't peg you as a liar or a cheater but.." He paused and my heart sank. Why was there always a but? "But.. I still feel like you're hiding something from me." I blew air out of my mouth, looking towards the ground.  "You are aren't you?" I nodded my head slowly.

"And I'll tell you about it, I swear. Just.. Now isn't a good time." I murmured looking around the cafeteria. "And it's really long.. I have to explain why Harry cares about me so much too." I said softly.

"So when will I hear it?"

"Soon. I swear." Hunter sighed before lifting my hand to his lips and kissing my knuckles.

"Okay. Can I take you out Sunday night? After I get off work? Would that be okay? I know you'll be missing out on a night with your friends but I want to apologize for being an asshole." I smiled widely and nodded my head.

"Yeah, that will be fine. I'll just explain to them what happened or have Meghan do it." I leaned over the table and kissed Hunter's cheek. He smiled at me as I sat back down.

"I'm glad." He murmured. We didn't stay with each other much longer after that. We had worked everything out, were going on a date on Sunday, everything was going to be fine.