Chapter 18

Anabel's point of view

I couldn't believe what I had heard. Damien's thinking of giving up the gang. Is it because of me? That wouldn't happen..... would it? Would he really rather be with me than be a gang leader? Would he be happy with that? What am I saying? That's basically admitting that I'm going to be his....... Wife? I shook my head at the thought. No way. Uh uh. I'm so not going there. I shook my head again, and cleaned up breakfast. After I finished the dishes I heard a knock at the door. I stayed quiet, praying whoever it was would just go away. "Anabel, I know you are here." I heard a voice say. I remembered that voice, the other gang leader. What was his name? Damonney? It didn't matter because I heard someone else shout. "Damonney, what's the occasion? Coming to surprise me?" I heard Damien ask. "I know you are hiding her Damien." Damonney said. "And if I am, what are you going to do about it?" Damien challenged. "I'll make you regret harboring her." Damonney spat. "If I am, but you'll never know will you? Because you aren't a cop, you can't just search my house now can you?" Damien countered. I heard silence, then the roar of an engine as it leaves. I hear the key in the door, the lock clicking, and boots. "I'm home." Damien said. I set down the frying pan I had subconsciously picked up. "Welcome home." I replied softly, shaking from fear. Damien looked surprised by the frying pan, then chuckled. "Going to beat him with a frying pan huh?" "Hey as long as it works." I replied.