Chapter 15

Anabel's point of view
He's a gang leader? I stood there, dumbfounded. I had no idea what to say to him. He wasn't talking. He was just staring at me. His eyes slowly inspected my attire. "What is this?" He practically growled, stepping closer. "What is what?" I asked, a little bit scared of him. "This." he said, gently taking my arm and pointing to the black and blue flesh in the shape of a handprint. I winced, d@mn, I forgot I still had that bruise. "It's nothing." I said, jerking my arm away and hastily putting on my jacket. "Did he do that to you?" He asked softly. He was looking at the floor, and his voice was softer now, but it only frightened me more. "Who?" I asked. "Damonney. The other gang leader. Did he do this to you?" he explained. "No." I replied weakly. In that split second he pulled my jacket off and pushed me into the couch. I gasped, surprised at his speed. He was on top of me in a matter of seconds, trying to get my tank top off. "Wh...what the hell? S...stop." I protested. He lifts my tank top up over my head revealing angry red marks across my stomach and back. I pull my arms over my chest, embarrassed. I still can't see his face. He slowly looks up at me. I expected him to be angry, but instead, his eyes held a look of anguish that shattered the walls I had built. "Who did this to you?" his voice barely a whisper. I winced, it was as if he were tearing into the protective shell around my heart. I started to form the words but nothing came out. Tears stung my eyes. He looked into my eyes again, and that's when I shattered. He was on the verge of tears, for me. Again I tried to speak, but the only sound that came was a strangled sob. His arms softly wrapped around my waist and pulled me against him. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around him, shakingly placing my hands on his back. And I broke, he held me as though I was fine china, but I broke. I was crying into his shoulder, my fists clenching his shirt.