Chapter 13

Damien's point of view

She was so close, so I leaned in and kissed her softly. I expected her to push me away, but she didn't. In fact she seemed to mold against me. I kissed her again, her lips soft and malleable. She was kissing me back. I gently craddled her head in my hand, and kissed her a little bit harder. I pulled away then, knowing that if I continued to kiss her, I wouldn't want to stop. I could feel my heart pounding and my breathing was unsteady. She looked up at me, her face flushed and bright red. I looked away, embarrassed. "Wow." she whispered softly. I looked back at her, her face red and her eyes starring into my heart. I like her, I realized. "D@mn" I murmured. "What was that for?" she asked quietly. "I....I'm not sure." I said, feeling my face heat up more. "I just.... You looked so beautiful....and the moon light coming through the window... I just.... I couldn't help it." I murmured. I looked down at my hands, I was fidgeting with my fingers. "Hey," she whispered softly. "Look at me." I looked up into those deep blue ringed green eyes. "I've never.... No one has ever kissed me before." she said gently. I placed my hand on her cheek softly. I was hesitant to kiss her again, I didn't want to upset her. But suddenly her lips met mine, she was kissing me. I melted against her, holding her close, and trying to memorize the way she made me feel. Like I was finally alive. I felt vibrant, like I was flying. I pulled back softly, my breathing shallow as I tried to keep it together. I was falling for her. From the moment I met her, I couldn't get her out of my head. But I had to think about her safety. If someone from Damonney's gang found out, her life would be in danger. I slowly backed away from her, standing up, I went in to the kitchen. I went to the sink and put my cup down, gripping the edge of the counter. "What's wrong?" she asked quietly. "Nothing." I said. "I just..... I shouldn't have kissed you. I'm sorry." I couldn't look at her, I was probably breaking her heart. I walked to my room and closed the door behind me. I slumped down onto the floor with my back against the door, and sighed, "I'm terrible for doing this to her. I know my place, as the leader of the gang I have no right to bring her into this, and I have no chance at a normal life, so it's best for her if I keep her out of this." I muttered to myself.