Chapter 10

Damien's point of view

Several minutes had passed, and she was still crying. I had no idea what to do with her, and I couldn't just leave her out here, so I picked her up and carried her inside, her arms wrapped around me the whole time, and her face buried in my shoulder. I sat down on the couch, still holding her, because I had no idea what else to do. Her sobs slowly subsided, and she looked up at me. My face burned slightly when I noticed how close our faces were. "Are you ok?" I asked softly. She nodded slightly, her hair falling into her eyes, and I fought the urge to brush it away gently with the back of my hand. She took a deep, shuddering breath, "Thank you for saving me. I didn't know that would happen when he confronted me earlier." she said absent mindedly. "Who confronted you?" I asked, my mind automatically going to Damonney. "I...I dunno. Some guy that was pissed about me breaking up an argument between his guy and someone else." she muttered. I nodded, Damonney.

Anabel's point of view

Damien had come, he had rescued me. Granted I asked him too, but I didn't expect to break down crying like that. I'm sitting on his lap, crying into his shoulder. I feel stupid, weak, and very, very, vulnerable. But his strong hand is pressed to my back ever so gently. He's holding me like I'm made of glass, or porcelain. I slowly calm down and look up into his face. I'm met by striking blue eyes, and I have to fight not to get lost in them. "Th...Thank you again for saving me." The edges of his mouth turn slightly upwards, "You're welcome." his voice vibrating through his body and mine. I blush softly, embarrassed that I'm sitting on his lap like a puppy. I slowly climb off and sit back on the couch. "Can I get you anything?" he asked, going into the kitchen. "Um. I am kind of hungry. But you don't need to do anything for me. You've already done so much." I said, thinking about the rescue. "Oh please. That was just showing up where you told me to. What would you like to eat?" he opened the fridge, rummaging through it. "C..could you make chicken Alfredo?" I asked, shyly. He answered by getting out a box of fettuccine noodles, I smiled softly, laying my head on the arm of the couch. My eye lids were getting heavy, and I started to drift off into dreamland.