[01]▫️SLEEP BETTER WITH YOU

I was at Stiles' house. We were supposed to be studying together, but after calling his name several times, I turn around to see his face smooshed against his pillow as he snores rather loudly.

 We were supposed to be studying together, but after calling his name several times, I turn around to see his face smooshed against his pillow as he snores rather loudly

I think about waking him, but it's getting late. I sigh, deciding to let my goof of a boyfriend sleep. Being the nice person that I am, I move from the bed to the desk so that I don't accidentally disturb him when it's been a long week we all have with supernatural dealings and all.

-

30 minutes later

The words on the page of my biology book are making less sense the more I read. Maybe I should go home soon. I huff. I'll have 20 more minutes of note-taking time, and then I'll leave.

I flip the page of my book and then freeze. My pen is mid-air when I hear screams coming from the other side of the room. I immediately know what's happening, and I run to Stiles' bed.

"Stiles? Stiles! Are you okay?"

I crawl up onto the bed and put both knees on either side of his thighs. Placing my hands on his shoulders, I shake him a little as his head moves side to side. His face is scrunched uptight, and he's mumbling. "No. No. Leave Y//N alone.."

"Stiles!" His arms grip the bedsheets, and a tear runs down his face.

"No- not her."

"Stiles, please. It's just a dream - I'm here."

I hold back tears of my own as I watch the scene in front of me. His whole body shakes as if he's cold, but the skin is warm under my touch. I move my hands to his arms, hoping he'll notice me. The veins are bulging from his tight grip. I quickly move my hands back to his shoulders and attempt to shake him awake again.

"Babe, c'mon, wake up!" I sniff.

Stiles suddenly jumps awake, making me jump too. His eyes wildly scanned the room.

"Holy crap, Stiles, are you okay? You're shaking so much." I stroke my thumbs across his shoulders.

"Y/N?" Stiles whispers, eyes finally landing on me.

I move my hands so that they rest on the bed below his underarms, and then he pauses for a while before wiping his arm across his forehead, still shaking.

"I'm here. Tell me you're okay now, please.." I give him a small smile, hoping that he won't notice how worried I am. He blows out a breath and reaches up, and he places a hand on my cheek. Gently, he wipes away a tear from under my eyelashes.

"Are you?" He asks, with his voice is husky, and he sounds like he has run a marathon.

I hate it when he has these nightmares, knowing that he has them almost every night. I wish I could make them go away for him.