Chapter 21

I woke up feeling the bed around for Cole who seems to be missing. I opened one eye and looked around the room. If I were a normal person I'd wonder where he is right now, but nope. I closed my eye and snuggled back into his warm bed and inhaled his fresh scent trying to go back to sleep. The door then opened and footsteps came in which I pretended to ignore hoping he'd get the idea and let me sleep again.

"How much longer is she going to sleep?" urged Little J's voice in a hushed tone. He seemed close.

"You can do something to wake her up," said Zach. Coward. I'm going to hit him when I "wake" up.

"Will she get mad?" He asked. Smart wise child. Yes, yes I will.

"Of course not, you're too cute for her to do anything," replied Zach. Yeah definitely gonna hit him.

"Guys leave her alone, let her sleep," said Cole. That's my best friend, that's my best friend. "She'll probably wake up to the smell of breakfast."

Breakfast?

I opened my eyes and looked at the three who had wide smiles on their faces. They planned this out? Oh hell no.

"You little-"

"Care is going to say a bad word!" Jimmy yelled.

I got out of bed and they all started to run out of here as I ran after them to the staircase where I froze in my step. Zach and Jimmy were sliding down the stairs on a mattress while Cole was waiting for me beside another one.

"What's going on?" I asked. Sure the Thompson household was crazy at times but mattress sleighing in the morning is not so normal at our age.

"Reminding you why we should stay best friends. You're my favorite memory and I want us to continue making them if you'd let me," he said with a blush creeping up his neck.

If that wasn't one of the sweetest thing I've heard I don't know what is.

"Okay, are we gonna ride this shit or what?" I asked excitedly. Last time we did this was three years ago. I was really excited.

We sat down and rid down to the bottom hollering. And we did that again and again until Mama T yelled at us.

After breakfast Cole took my hand and led me outside. "What are we doing now?" I asked.

"This," said Cole from behind me. I turned to see what was going on but felt it instead. Red dropped down my forehead and my hair.

My jaw dropped as a glared at the paint in Coles hand.

"Oh it's on Goldie!" I ran to where he had the paint and grabbed some blue paint before chasing after him. We kept throwing paint at each other until we were both covered from head to toe.

We stared at each other and laughed at our sight. Mama T came out to yell at the mess we made of their backyard but ending up laughing at us and taking pictures to add to her album of our embarrassing moments. Yes, she owned one of every time we did something stupid like now and let me assure you there was a lot. We were hosed down and given towels where we just lay on the grass to dry watching the clouds and their shapes.

After an hour Alex came outside holding my phone. "Hello?"

"Hey babe, you with Thompson?" Dean asked sounding kind of mad.

"Well yeah we're friends," I replied. I know we haven't acted like it for long, but Dean and I spoke about this. I told him I'd like to be friends with Cole again when things have died down. He got mad of course but what couple doesn't fight over things like this?