Chapter 14

I sat in the back of Cole's car waiting for Ashley. To say the silent car ride was awkward as an understatement. I scowled at Cold with my arms crossed while he nervously looked at me from the rearview mirror then back out the windshield.

"Screw this. Will you tell me what I screwed up with now?" Cole blurted.

I scoffed. "So now you grow a pair of balls?"

He frowned and turned around in his seat so he was facing me. "What did your father say last night?"

I tapped my fingers against my arm seeing as Cole really had no idea why I was mad I decided to tell him. "After you cowardly ran away last night, very manly by the way, my dad told me the conversation you had. Tell me Cole, why did you not correct my fathers assumption when he asked you if we were sleeping together?"

"I told him we weren't and then he insulted my manhood saying lying is for cowards. I let my ego get the best of me okay Care?"

This little fucker.

"I swear Cole I am going to shred apart that ego of yours!" Before I can lung as him and wrap my arms around his neck Ashley opened the door and stared back and forth at us. "Why does it look like the fourth World War is about to go down?"

"Nothing." We both said at the same time stubbornly pouting. One thing I noticed about guys is their egos. Damn their need to prove they're men!   

"Okay... Anyways, how is operation TDD going?" asked Ash.

"TDD?" Cole and I asked at the same time again. It's creepy how often we do it, not Matt and Mason weird but still weird.

"Take Dean Down, duh!" Ash scoffed as if she was saying the sky is blue.

"It's actually going great! He um asked me on a date..." I blushed. I was sort of nervous about it.

Ashley whipped around with a big smile on her face and started squealing. "Oh my god! This is great!"

"No it's not," scoffed Cole. "He's stealing her first date."

Ashley gasped and I winced. Here comes in an earful in 5...4...3...

"Caroline! You can't go!"

"Thank you!" exclaimed Cole.

I rolled my eyes. "It's okay, its not that big of a deal."

Lie. Definitely a lie. I just didn't want anyone telling me I'm wrong, I hate being wrong.

"Not big of deal?" Ashley gasped again. "Oh my god, have you been kissed before? What if he takes your first kiss?"

The car screeched and swerved as honking filled the air around us.

"Jesus Cole! Are you trying to kill us?!" I yelled. He's never been a reckless driver, what on earth is he thinking?

His face was red in anger and he just grunted in response.

"Cole, what is going on with you?" screeched Ashley. Honestly, there's something off about Cole and it's been like that for a while. I've been giving him his space but he still hasn't opened up to me.

"Nothing," he grunted. Great, one worded answers. It's worse then I thought. Ashley and I shared a worried look but kept quiet until we got to school. As soon as Cole parked his car he strutted over to where our squad was. Ashley and I stayed back, I could see she was as worried as I was.

"Has he been off with you too?" I asked.

She nodded and bit her lip. "He looks like he's always debating something in his head and it's tearing him apart."