Oscar's return

At some point in the night I found myself on the balcony enjoying the breeze and looking onto the night lights on the pier. Nothing in particular was running through my head as the alcohol was in full effect. I heard the door slide open, I didn't bother looking around because I knew who it was I'd been expecting them. I didn't turn to meet them even when they leaned over the balcony next to me.

"So this is where you've been hiding out huh? It's a nice and quiet place, I can see why you'd be attracted to the area."

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"I've been moved to sort out the branch in this area and my good friend Matt wanting to get me introduced to the locals invited me so here I am."

The next thing I knew he cupped my face and turned it so I could look at him and he leaned down to kiss me. It took me awhile to respond because I kept wondering if I was ready. As I responded all the memories came flooding back and silent tears travelled down my face. Feeling it he pulled his lips from mine, kissed my tears and pulled me in for a hug.

"Shhhh it's okay now I'm here so everything will be okay now." He said and I thought yes it is okay, he's here now so it is okay. I stopped sobbing and he kissed me again.

"Let's go home." He whispered to me and I nodded.

When we got into my apartment we went straight to my room and consummated our reunion. He was gentle as if any strenuous movement would break me. We either kept looking in each others eyes or kept kissing and the only time we weren't intimate was when his face was in the crane of my neck. It reminded me of us before I moved off, it reminded me of the peace I'd felt every time we did it. I felt loved and wanted. Before drifting off he kissed my shoulder and whispered,

"I've missed you."

I looked at my ex boyfriend's brother not sure whether to be upset that he'd found me or be happy that my soul felt comforted by his presence. I missed out a small detail about life before I moved here. You see months after I broke up with Kevin and saw him with my 'bestfriend' I would still cry or call out his name in my dreams. There were times when I would dream I was sleeping with him so Oscar, who at the time was staying with me, would take Kevin's place. That's how we started sleeping with each other. Eventually I didn't want to sleep with Kevin anymore I wanted Oscar and for the next year and a half till I left he and I warmed each others beds.

I got out of bed, put some clothes on, brushed my teeth and made my way to the kitchen. Matt had a cup of coffee waiting for me with most widest grin ever, I took the cup and ignored him.

"I thought you were screamer but apparently not." He said amused.

"Oh shut up." I said trying to hide my happiness.

"She was never a screamer."  Oscar said standing in front of my door.  His clothes were slightly ruffled and he had bed hair but he looked even hotter than when we were younger. He walked over to me and we had that awkward should I kiss you on the lips or the cheek moment.

"So I'll see you sometime." He said a little hurt and started to walk towards the door. Before he walked out the door Matt yelled,

"We're having dinner tomorrow night, we'll see you then.” He said and walked to his room leaving Oscar and I looking at each other. We smiled at each other, mine strained more than his and he walked out. That's how Oscar and I resumed our relationship.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you gues it was him? let me know

Thanks for reading :)

Vote, Comment, PM