Chapter XXVI: Killer Within

"Lillie," Lori whispered to me shaking me awake.

"Mmmmm," I said trying to ignore her a snuggled in closer to Daryl. It was to early in the morning to have a chat with the queen.

Last night we'd gotten in an argument over nothing, and I had had enough of her antics.

"Lillie, we need to talk now," Lori continued. I rolls over and silently stouts up trying not to wake my sleeping husband. I failed and he looked up at me with half opened eyes.

I followed Lori down the staircase and into what I had begun to call the living room. A room full of tables. "What," I whispered.

She put her arms around me. It was out of no where and I was taken back. She looked in my eyes.

"You know don't you, I knew Maggie would tell," I said looking down at my feet.

"Are you afraid," she asked.

"Terrified, this isn't something you plan, God I don't even know how I'm going to tell Daryl," I said putting my hand over my mouth to hide my sobs.

"It's ok now, let it out," she said rubbing my back. I cried into her shoulder.

"How can this happen, me being pregnant, I'm not ready for this Lori," I said to her.

"Look at me," she said. I looked into her tear streamed eyes. "It's not something any women is ever ready for, but that first kick, that first feeling you have inside, and then seeing them for the first time is the best feeling in the world."

I cried happy tears, the last time I was ever truly happy.

================

"You wanna race Hershel," Carl said jokingly to the older man. Jacob laughed with his best friend.

"Give me a day or two and ill run circles around both of you," he replied. We all laughed.

I looked out into the field at Daryl, and the others as they waved up at us. All was right in the world. Daryl would finally have his son, and Hershel would live to bring him here.

"Walkers," someone screamed and shattered my world. I turned to them as they came at us.

"Lori come on," I said grabbing her by the arm. Carl followed us and we ran into the prisons.

"Let's go into the cell block," I said. I barely missed the first walker as it plunged at us.

"This way," Carl said leading us behind the gate and closing it behind us. Suddenly an alarm began to ring nearly busting my eardrums.

"God what is that," Lori yelled covering her ears.

"Calm down we need to get somewhere safe I said rounding a corner. I could hear screams in the other parts of the prison.

Growls emitted from the darkness behind us. "Run," Carl screamed. We ran down the hallway as fast as we could dragging Lori along.

"Oh, God," Lori screamed.

"What's wrong," I asked?

"The baby," she yelled through another contraction.

"In here," Carl said closing the door behind us. I leaned up against the wall as the worst pain imaginable ripped through my body.

"Lillie your bleeding," Carl said frightened.

My heart dropped out of my chest. I almost threw up and I felt as though the best thing in the world died. And it did inside me. "I'm having a miscarriage," I replied to him. The tears came next and I sobbed for what seemed like forever.

"Lillie, I know this is the worst moment in your life right now, but I'm about to have a baby, and I need you," Lori yelled brining me back to reality. I was up in seconds directing her.

"Push Lori push," I yelled over the alarm.

"I am," she cried back. Something was wrong all that came was blood.

"Something's wrong," I said to her looking her in the eyes. I knew what I had to do but I couldn't bring myself to say. The tears welled in my eyes.

"Do it," she said, "Carl has a knife, please please save my baby."

"Lori you won't make it," I said to her.

"Mom," Carl cried. We all cried together.

"Carl, Lillie, promise me you'll raise this baby right and don't let this world beat you. Be brave be strong and don't let this kill Rick, don't let this drag him down. Please," she said threw sobbing tears.

"I promise," I said to her kissing her forehead.

"Lillie, you were always my best friend. I love you so much, you so special. You and I have been through a lot together and I'm so glad I knew you."

"Me too Lori, I love you, I'm so sorry that we fought so much," I said to her wiping away tears.

"No, never be sorry for the past," she said, "no do it." I nodded and took Carl's knife.

"Goodbye Lillie, Carl."

"Goodbye Lori."

===============

"Carl," I said to him as we walked quietly down the hallway. He didn't answer and I didn't push it. "Don't tell anyone about my miscarriage."

"We need to go find them," Rick yelled to the others as we opened the door. The baby cried as we came down the stairs and everyone turned to look at us.

I looked over at Daryl, and his eyes fell to the ground.

"We'll where is she," Rick asked me. He ran past me towards the prison.

"No Rick no," I said grabbing his arm. He cried out and looked at Carl then fell to the ground. It was heart retching and I cried out.

"Let me see her," Hershel said taking the baby. "She looks healthy but she won't survive without milk for very long."

"No not her,"Merle said looking down at the baby. "We've lost to many damn people today and were sure as hell not gonna lose her. I'll go for a run."

I silently thanked Merle with hug and he hinged me back, "hang in there beautiful."

"I'll go with you," Maggie said looking at Glenn who nodded.

"Daryl," I said coming up to him he looked down at the mess of my cloths.

"Your not bleedin are yah," he asked concerned.

"We need to talk Daryl," I said pulling him away from the group.

"You bit," he asked running his hands through his hair angrily and walking in circles.

"No, but there's something I have to tell you," I said to him taking his hands and looking up to him. I pulled my pregnancy test out of my pocket and gave it to him.

"What's this," he asked confused.

"It's a pregnancy test," I replied.

"Are you pregnant," he asked smiling up at me. He was overjoyed I could see it on his face, and crushed him.

"I was," I said. The damn of tears broke then and he brought me into a hug crying in my shoulder.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry," he said through sobs. "They'll be others," I said trying to reassure him.

"Yes they'll will be."

_________________________

Writing this chapter made me cry. I know a lot of people hate on Lori, but I think she was a great person who made a bad mistake. Hope you guys loved it. This chapter was really sad so I'm gonna make it up to you guys and write a super long happy chapter. Also sorry it's been a long time between updates and I'm so sorry. I've started writing another fanfic that isn't about TWD and it's taken up a lot of my time because its about a topic that's SUPER famous and I want to do justice to it. Questions? Comments? I love any feedback!!! You guys are amazing!!