Chapter 14

Yoga was the best. Margaret, or Maggie has she insisted that I call her, worked me for like two hours every day. She put me through the paces in a flow as she called it, and I found it easy to block everything out and just focus on what pose I was putting my body in. At the end of each session, she'd have me close my eyes and focus on not hitting that hard, then she had me hit her. By Wednesday, I was finally understanding exactly how I needed to do it. When Brody came in with Sean and Nate, I demonstrated that I'd no longer hurt them. My biggest fear had been that I'd have to quit dance because I'd be too, um, enthusiastic with my flips.

After one of the sessions with Maggie, Dad sat me down and gave me all the information he had on this dominant demon that's in the area. He said that there have been more spottings of demons in the area, and an increase in possessions. Dad monitors all things supernatural in order to know if there are any threats to the werewolves. They want to keep themselves hidden from humans, because they're afraid of being hunted and killed. Can't say I blame them really. That kind of thing scares me too.

On Thursday, Brody and I are with Frank and Kyle almost all day. Sean and Nate show up later, and that's fine, I hope they're not in these fights like we are, but I like the idea of them being safe. Maggie comes there and does yoga with all of us. I tried not to laugh at the guys as they tried the poses, but I didn't want to come off as a show off, so I kept my mouth shut.

By Saturday, we were ready for a day off. Dad had opened the pool and hot tub, and Mom had cake and all kinds of other things for the party. Nate said that people at school knew he was living with us, and he didn't care. He said he wasn't so sure why he'd freaked out and didn't want people to know, but he said people had noticed he seemed a lot happier, and he really was. I think we were looking forward to this party so that we could relax. I know I needed it.

"Aww, you're not wearing a bikini," Brody stood at my door watching as I pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

"I'm supposed to be recovering from injuries from some random attack," I told him. "Remember? Crazy stalker woman who's obsessed with you."

"Where's your dagger?" he walked in and put his hands on my hips.

"I can't take it down. Besides, Dad's got even more wards on the house for the day," I picked up my pillow to show Brody where the dagger was. "Nothing's going to happen to us. Not today anyway."

"Emily?" he shut my door. It's against the rules, but I know we won't really get in trouble. Mom and Dad both know that Brody and I will never be with anyone else, so we're in no hurry to have sex. They know this because Mom and Dad have both talked to me about it, and have said if the door closes, they won't say anything. Plus, they've let him sleep in my bed. "What are you not telling me?"

"We have to start going out to hunt demons after the party is over. We have to patrol like every night," I sigh and sit down on the bed. "Tonight we finally go meet Finn. We both have to learn to use swords, because Monday night we're going out demon hunting. Finn's going with us."

"We have to do what?" his voice was raising, and I was a little scared. "We have to go out and actually hunt them down with some vampire we don't even know?"

"We can't wait for them to come and find me, it could put our friends at risk. They put me in the hospital. What if it was Evan or Ryan?"

"We're just kids, Emily," Brody's eyes looked wild. "They're sending us out to fight things that could have killed you. And we're going out looking for them! With other monsters!"

"Brody," I looked toward my door. I was afraid that Kara would want to come up and see me before I got to the pool, and that Marc would be with her.