Chapter 11

I'm not totally sure how long Dad let us sleep, but I woke up with him shaking us. Not a word got said about me sleeping wrapped up in Brody's arms, but I kind of expected that, my parents are really cool.

"I need you guys to come with me," Dad whispered. "Quiet not to wake everyone else."

When we got upstairs, Mom had food for us. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I had a plate in front of me. As we ate, Dad told us the plan for the day. We were meeting up with the witch he'd told us about and getting the knife. I'd be the only person who could touch it, so no worries about someone stealing it from me. Even though I'd just gotten a power the night before, we were still going to a haunted house. I wasn't looking forward to that, but I remembered Dad mentioning I'd eventually have six powers, so if I got another one today, that'd be three down. I kind of wanted to go and search out the other three after that, but I kind of wanted to wait. I was starting to get overwhelmed.

After breakfast, I let Brody take the first shower. I could see that he looked a bit scruffy, and I had the ridiculous desire to sit and watch while he shaved. I used to do that with my dad all the time. Ok, to be quite honest, I still slip into his bathroom and watch him. He once said it was like a right of passage for girls, they watch their dads shave. I never had the desire to watch Sean, no appeal. But there was just something that was drawing me into the bathroom while Brody was in there. To go in and sit on the counter and talk to him while he draw the razor over his face.

"Shit," Brody brought me back around as he dug through his bag after his shower. "I forgot to pack a razor." So much for that little fantasy. "Wait, think Sean would care if I take one of his?"

"I doubt it," I walked into the bathroom and dug one out of the linen closet. "Here you go."

"Thanks, doll," he kissed me. "Sorry if that was scratchy."

I pushed myself up on the counter. "It's fine."

"What?" he has his face lathered up with Sean's shaving cream. "You're making me a little nervous."

"Want me to wait in the other room?"

"No," he finally shook his head. "Stay here and talk to me." He made the first line through the cream with the razor. "Do you do this with your dad? Mom used to talk about watching her dad, and she sits with Dad."

"Yeah, it's like one of the few times I get with just him and I don't have to compete with Sean for time," I smiled at Brody. "It's the only time he still calls me princess."

"You aren't the princess type though," another scrape of his face.

"I'm his princess, and that always makes me feel special," it was kind of odd admitting this to him, even though I knew there would be no secrets between us. This wasn't a secret, it was something special, something shared between a daddy and his little girl. "I'm totally a daddy's girl."

"I can see that," he smiled before he drug the razor across his face another couple of times. "Your dad is great though." He finished shaving and rinsed his face. "I'm going to go wait downstairs, you should hurry so we don't get in trouble."

As soon as he closed my bedroom door, I jumped in the shower. I needed to wash all the hairspray out, which I hoped didn't take too long. When I was finished, I just braided it, since I wasn't sure where we were going or exactly what we were doing today.

When I got to the kitchen, Sean was at the table, but he assured me everyone else was still asleep. He was talking to Dad and Brody, and apparently had a dream instead of just a vision. He suggested that we go back to the country club and check on Courtney to see if she was happy with how things were turning out. Dad said he'd drive us after we were done with the knife stuff.