Chapter 2

"Do you have any idea what I can do?" I walked over to him.

He flipped back to the very beginning of the book. "Telekinesis," he said. "That's pretty cool."

"I can move things just by thinking about them?" yeah, right. So, I looked over at the book I'd just read and thought about holding it. It zoomed right across the room.

"You may not want to do that with everyone wandering around here," he threw the book he had up into the air and it disappeared. "Oh, that's the book where I'll record everything you do."

"Oh," quite the conversationalist I am right now. I'm in shock. I mean, I moved a book with my mind, and he summoned one from somewhere.

"Let's keep looking around," he took my hand again. I was going to have to ask him about that.

"Hey," Kara came walking up. "Seen anything?"

"Uh, no," I have no idea why I lied to her. "How about you?"

"No, not yet," she sighed. Kara wanted desperately to see a ghost. "I'm going to keep looking."

"Oh, hey, I did that thing I've been talking about," I hoped she'd get it. I didn't really want to show Brody. And I have no idea why.

"Seriously?" she asked and I nodded. "Show me later. I'm going to go catch up to Jesse. I hope anyway." She ran off.

"She likes Jesse?" Brody asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Hey, you can take me home any time you want to. You don't have to hang out with me. I'm sure you have a date later or something."

"No date," Brody shook his head and my stupid heart sped up again. "Can I actually talk to you about that?"

"You like one of my friends don't you?" didn't really want the answer to that.

"No," Brody shook his head and led me outside of the school. We walked away from the school and everyone else and he leaned against a tree. "I do like someone, but not one of your friends. I like you. And, I was kind of hoping you'd let me take you out and we could at least see where it could go."

In my head I am screaming yes and jumping up and down. I realized about a month ago I really wanted to go out with Brody, but wasn't sure how Sean would feel about me going out with one of his friends. "I don't know," did that really come out of my mouth? What's wrong with me?

His face fell a little bit. "Is it because of the bond that will be between us? Because that's not why I like you. That's coming out wrong. Look, I've wanted to ask you out for awhile, before I knew I was your Keeper, but I couldn't work up the nerve. I asked Sean if he'd mind and he said no."

"Really?" I was feeling better. "I mean, yeah, I want to go out with you. Very badly actually. But, yeah, I was afraid that you were asking me out because of the bond."

"No," he smiled at me and I swear I melted. "I want to go out with you because you're pretty, and smart, and one of the sweetest girls I know. What do you say we blow this off and go get something to eat and maybe go see a movie?"

"Sure," I smiled at him.Then he did the best thing ever. He put his arms around me and hugged me. 

"I'm so glad you said yes."

We walked hand in hand back to his car. He even opened the door for me. I sent Kara a text letting her know that Brody and I were leaving and going out. She texted me back and her response made me laugh out loud: Going to let Brody try out the new tongue ring? I want ALL the details! He's SO hot!

"What?" he looked at me when I laughed. "You over there gossiping?"

"Nope," I put my phone away. "Why would I do that?"