36

HIS...

EHEM!

Someone reacted that caused Lau and I to break the hug. Paglingon ko, natakot ako sa nakita ko. Para niya akong papatayin sa mga tingin niya, actually nila. Napakamot naman ako ng batok habang tumatayo kami ni Laura. Nakataas yung kilay niya, waiting for my explanation.

Inalalayan ko si Lau para makakababa from the bleacher para mas malapitan namin yung mga nakatingin sa min. Laura being friendly and bubbly, and being Laura. Siya unang nagsalita when we reached the court.

Laura: Hi girls! I'm Laura. Laura Lehmann.

She said waving her hand. They forced a smile naman to try to ease the tension surrounding us.

Ako: Uhmm siya yung magiging courtside reporter natin sa next season and she's---

??: Excuse us.

I wasn't able to finish what I'm saying kasi biglang may humatak sa'kin palayo. Kinakaldkad niya po ako at sobrang higpit ng hawak niya sa braso ko.

Ako: B-Babe. Stop.

Den: What was that?

She said furiously.

Den: Don't Babe me! Are you cheating on me with her? Huh?! Ano? Siya ba talaga yung reason why you're busy? Did you just make your cousin as an excuse for you to go out with her? Totoo ba na nandito yung cousin mo? Tell me!

I can't help but smile at her possessiveness. First time kasi niyang mag-react ng ganito towards a girl I'm with. Usually chill lang yan and calm kahit alam kong nagseselos siya but I always assure her naman na siya lang and I know that she trusts me.

This girl never fails to amaze me.

Den: Stop smiling!

She said habang hinahampas ako. She''s close to tears na din kaya umayos na ako. I hugged her kahit pa pumipiglas siya.

Ako: Babe, Listen po muna please.

I said calmly and naramdaman ko namang tumigil na siya paggalaw.

Ako: This is new. Heheh you never show this side of you and I'm just amazed. You're so cute when you're jealous and I'm quite enjoying it.

Den: Get to the point.

She said coldly kaya umayos na talaga ako. Mahirap na baka lalong ma-beast mode si Madame Baby hehe

Ako: Okay okay. Jeez! You're scary. First of all, I'm not cheating on you and I'll never cheat on you.

Den: Eh ano yung nakita ko?! Bakit---?

I gave her a smack para tumigil siya and it worked she stopped talking.

Ako: I'm talking. Let me finish first hmm?

I said smiling. She didn't react so I continued.

Ako: I'm sorry I wasn't able to text you po kasi empty na yung battery ng phone ko. I'm sorry if I made you worry. I'm also not making up stories about my cousin. It's true, my cousin and I are together because I helped her with her transfer papers. She's going to study here din kasi and she'll be the new courtside reporter.

I said smiling widely.

I saw her eyes got big. Na-shock ata sa sinabi ko and I know she gets who my cousin is already.She even slowly looked at Laura with the girls who are giggling and talking to each other. Then tumingin siya sa'kin as if asking me if I were serious so I nodded.