20

HIS..

Now's the time! 

Finally, after a year of courting and getting to know each other better, I got the courage to ask her kasi iba na yung feeling ko ngayon. I want to call her mine already as in mine.

A month after my birthday, I'm gonna finally ask her. Sheeezzz!

I know sobrang tagal na and everyone thinks we're already together kasi we're always together and sweet but we're not yet. Hindi naman kasi kami nagmamadali. 

Pero after what Ella said na feeling ni Den na na-bobore ako sa kanya kaya ayoko pa siyang tanungin, medyo na-guilty ako and I know I had to do something about it.

The fact that she thought of me getting bored with what we have is like saying she wants us to take it to another level and that for me is my go signal. 

Yun yung hinintay ko.

 For both of us to finally be ready. I'm not gonna ask her para lang ma-spice up yung relationship namin, I'm gonna ask her because I love her and I'm now sure that we're on the same page of wanting to be committed to each other.

I'm gonna ask her a question that I've never asked anyone before and I want to make it as simple yet memorable as possible. I just hope she says yes para I can call her mine already.

Ella: Oyens, kanina ka pa paikot ikot diyan. Ano ka ba relax nga.

Ako: Ells, first time ko 'tong gagawin and gusto kong maging perfect.

Kiefer: Alam mo, Oyens. Pareho nga kayo, sobrang perfectionist niyo. Magsama na nga kayo ni Den.

Reklamo nilang dalawa after helping me set-up a dinner for Den and her family. Together with my mom and dad.

Ella: Oyens, magbihis ka na bilis parating na sila later. Good luck, Besh. Oo yan tiwala lang.

Kiefer: Congrats in advance, my brother.

They said tapos nagbihis na nga ako. Nakaprepare na kasi yung damit ko sa car sa labas ng restaurant na ni-rent ko for the night. Walang customers dun ngayon kami lang mamaya. 

I wore a simple navy blue polo shirt, white pants, and my Vans.

Kinakabahan ako, sobra. Hindi kasi masydong pasabog yung surprise ko sobrang simple lang pero it's how I want it to be. 

Yung simple yet intimate gathering lang when I actually ask her to finally be mine officially. Sana ma-appreciate pa din niya.

Hours later, my parents were the first to arrive. My siblings can't make it kasi masyadong maraming trabaho. Pero they showed their support naman through sending me comforting messages.

Dad: Relax, son. It's not like you're gonna ask her to marry you.

He said while we're seated waiting for Den's family, trying to keep the mood light for the three of  us. 

Ako: I know Dad, pero it's my first time to ask a girl to be my girlfriend.

Dad: Yeah, and next thing we know, ikakasal na kayo.