1

HIS..

Last 10 seconds in the ball game and super intense ng feeling. Pressure's consuming all of us. This will be my last game as an Eaglet/ High School basketball player, and also the last chance for our team to defend our title for the fourth time.

Coach Norman: LISTEN UP GUYS!

Coach Norman shouted in our huddle. We attentively listened to his instructions while wiping our sweats.

Coach Norman: Last 10 seconds! Alright! We only have this one last play and shot and it's over. They're only up by one. It's gonna be now or never. The moment you step back on that court, I want to see all of you fighting. Focus on the ball. Find an open shooter and take that shot. This is gonna be your moment. I trust all of you. Kiefer, Von, Alvin, make this count guys. I want y'all to know how proud I am. I know you can all do it. Now all together, ATENEO!

ALL: ONE BIG FIGHT!

I looked around and saw everyone up on their feet. The gym is filled with supporters who believe in us. My eyes finally caught the people I've been dedicating my every game to, my family. My dad nodded and gave me a thumbs up while smiling proudly which made me smile and my mom blew me a kiss which I find cheesy but I caught it anyways and placed it on my forehead. I closed my eyes to calm my nerves.

'This is it'

I thought to myself.

I opened my eyes then pointed up praying and hoping for the best.

The buzzer buzzed signaling the end of our last team huddle for the season. The crowd inside erupted with cheers, excitement written on their faces.

Gio is assigned to inbound the ball for our final play. The plan is to give Kiefer the ball for him to make the last shot as he is known to be the "Phenom" and a great clutch player. But right now, a tight defense is being set on him by his defender.

Then there's Von who's a really efficient and effective 3-point shooter but due to the mismatch, is still unable to get out of his defender even though he's been running around already. Left with no choice, I asked for the ball when I got freed from my defender. I signaled the final play. Being the point guard, I have to set up an effective play and I should have the guts to drive hard and take the shot.

I looked at Gio and ordered him to go to the baseline. I'm still waiting for a player to foul me but I guess they have a different play in mind. 5.34 seconds left and I still can't get an open look at Kiefer or anyone of my teammates.

'No choice, Alvin'

I drove to the left and created some distance from my defender, once I had that space that I wanted, I took the shot from the 3-point line. Parang nag- slow motion naman yung paligid ko. Everything became a blur din. All I can see is the ball slowly making its way to the basket then,

BZZTTT!!!

The final buzzer of the season and that's it. It's over. The crowd erupted. People are shouting and running my way and hugging me and raising my hand.

WOOOOOHHH!!! NICE SHOT ALVIN!

GOOD JOB ALVIN!

Puro ganyan lang yung narinig ko around me. It took me a while to react. Our coaches complimented me and my teammates poured water on me. Everyone's happy and crying at the same time.

I then looked for my family and when I found them I ran toward them and hugged them while crying my heart out.

"We are so proud of you!"

My parents said in unison.

Dad: I am so so proud of you Buddy! I love you so much!

Mom: You did really well out there Baby. We love you!

Ako: I love you both so much too! Thank you so much.

Dad: Sige na buddy, go there na.

Ako: All for you, guys. This is for you.

I went back to my teammates and naabutan kong nagddistribute na sila ng champion shirts and ball caps. I got one and wore it tapos yung cap pabaliktad kong sinuot. Madaming nagpapapicture sa amin nila Kief and Von since we're the graduating students and everyone's waiting for our decision as to where we are gonna study in college. We've actually discussed the matter and we've already made a decision but we're not announcing it yet.

Ako: I'm so proud of us guys. Thank you so much.

I said habang nakaakbay kay Kief and Von. We're almost the same height and weight, the difference na malaki is, Von is mestizo while kami ni Kief moreno.

Kiefer: Same here bro. I can't believe that we've done it. Come from behind win yun.

Von: True that. From being down by almost 25 points kanina, I can't believe na nahabol natin yun within 5 minutes.

The awarding ceremony started already and players from other teams are being recognized and awarded.

Announcer: And now, this UAAP 73 Juniors Division Champion. Defeating 8 teams and defending their title. The Champions for four consecutive years, ATENEO DE MANILA UNIVERSITY BLUE EAGLETS!

The crown cheered and may mga confetti pa. Our team went on stage to receive the award and magpapicture. The organizers handed us the trophy na tinaas naming tatlo nila Kief.

Announcer: In every team, there will be people who are known as the game changers and there are players who excelled and stood out. To award the Finals Most Valuable Player, may we call on Mr. Ricky Palou. This year, we have 2 Finals MVP both averaging 24 and 28 points per game, 10.5 and 15 assists, and 8 and 10 rebounds. The Phenom, Kiefer Ravena and the Playmaker, Alvin Valdez!

Everyone cheered. It's my last year and for the last time, I got the award. We all expected that it's gonna be Kiefer  since for 3 years siya talaga yung Finals MVP, though kasama kami sa Mythical 5 ni Von. The trophy and medals were given to me and Kiefer na tinaas namin pareho.

Announcer: And for the Most Improved Player of the season, Von Pessumal!

We all cheered for Von. He deserves the award since he really improved a lot, not only shooting from beyond the arc, he also became an efficient ball handler and defense specialist.

Nagapapicture kami ulit tatlo with our awards then tinawag namin si Coach Norman and the others to be in the picture with us. We really owe them a lot. If not because of them, we wouldn't have achieved what we've achieved.

Ako: Thank you so much Coach!

He hugged me and pat my head.

Coach: Great Job Captain!

By the way, I'm Alvin Lawrence Ynigo Valdez. And this is our story.

-a