Chapter 11: "I'll take that as a yes"

The rest of fashion week went wonderfully. The fashion was beautiful and I really warmed up to the people. There was one night that stood out to me above the rest though: the last day of Fashion Week Australia.

It had been a long day and I had gotten to wear some of the most beautiful outfits on the runway. The first one was a knee-high flowing purple skirt with a white floral print bralet. Second, I wore a long black dress that went up right to my neck and was open in the back. My last look was again another dress. It was a sleeveless knee-high white flowing dress, with a plunging neckline. Out of all the heaps of clothes I had worn, that was my favorite.

At the end of the show, Maya told me that they had deposited a whopping A$9,000. She told me that the account was in my name as she handed me the account number. “I’m going to miss you.” I told her.

“You’ve only known me for a week,” she chuckled. “We’ll keep in touch, yeah?”

“Of course! Thank you for everything!”

“No, thank you! I would have been screwed if you hadn’t agreed to do this.”

I hugged her one last time and went to change into my clothes. I was going to a 5SOS concert with Cory, Lauren, and Camila tonight. I slipped on a white Nirvana tank top, a pair of Hollister shorts, and my favorite red Vans. I pulled my hair out of its ponytail and was pleased to see that it didn’t look bad at all. I whipped the layers off makeup and put on the smallest amount of powder and mascara.

I said long goodbye to Alejandro and he put his number in my phone. He told me to call or text if I needed anything. Honestly, I was glad that it was over, but I am definitely going to be missing everyone here. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Ashton that I was coming outside. He replied that they were all waiting.

I exited the building and looked around for the SUV.

I didn’t see it.

I walked around the building until I came to a dark ally. There was rustling inside, but I couldn’t see anything. “Hello?” I shouted into the darkness.

“Probably just a cat.” I murmured. Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm and drug me into the ally. I screamed, but soon it covered my mouth. There was a faint light and I saw the face of my attacker: it was the man from the press conference. The one who had said he would be watching me.

I tried to pull my arm free, but he was too strong. I attempted to kick him in the groin, but he moved out of the way. “Feisty are you?” he growled, “Just wait for the things I’m going to do to you.”

Fear came over me, but I still managed to strike him in the face with my free hand. I left a pretty good mark, but it only made him furious. He pushed me to the ground and kicked me in the ribs. A sob escaped my lips as I clutched my stomach. He drug me out of the ally by my arms and into the open where a black van was waiting. I could have been rescued, only problem was that it was dark out.

He bound my arms and opened up the van door. Before he threw me in, he began to kiss my neck. I cringed, but an idea came to me. I nibbled on his ear and he let out a moan. Then with everything I had in me, I bit down on his ear as hard as I could. I tasted blood.

He slapped me hard in the face with the back of his hand and I fell to the ground. Out of nowhere, someone tackled him to the ground. “Luke!” I cried out.

I undid my bounds, which weren’t tied very well, and looked at the two, which were punching the crap out of each other. Luke had the advantage though. He was on top of the man delivering blows to his face and was much too quick for my attacker. “Luke!” I shrieked as I held in a sob. He turned in my direction and ran to me. The man was in pretty bad shape. Luke wrapped me in his arms and that’s when I broke down. “Don’t ever touch her again!” He yelled.