Chapter 1

Camila's POV:
It was around a month into senior year and Austin and I had just had our sixth argument in the last 2 days. I was so done with this relationship and have been since I began dating him.

"Look Austin, I'm just going to say it." I say with a sigh "Say what?" He asks and takes a step closer to me. I almost threw up from the smell of his cheap cologne.

"First I know about Becky. Second I don't care about her, you can date her and lastly we both know this relationship is terrible. We both want it to end so that's what I'm doing. Austin we're done." I say and he just gives me a nod.

"That's fine. We both know the relationship was dead so why keep acting like we love each other right?" He says with a small smile "Yeah that's right plus you have someone else you love." I inform him "So do you." He says back and I was shocked.

"What?" I ask in genuine confusion. "I know you have feelings for Y/n. I wasn't mad because we clearly didn't have feelings for each other. You are practically in love with the guy." Austin explains and I was once again shocked. I like Y/n but love? That was a push. Was it? Ugh I don't know at this point.

"I'm not sure if I love him but I won't deny that I've dreamed about dating him and kissing him and him wrapping his arms around me, making me feel warm and secure. I've dreamed about this and a lot more. Are we still friends?" I say shyly and Austin smiles which makes me smile "Of course we are but how are you gonna make a move on Y/n? The guy doesn't show up to classes and when he does he speaks to no one." He says and I frown.

"I'm not sure. Like I said I want to date him but no one has ever heard him talk and he tends to hide himself from everyone." I say sadly "I'm pretty sure he spends a lot of time at the library and the school work out suite. Maybe try to talk to him in the library? He spends almost every second there." Austin confesses and I hug him tightly.

"Thank you so much!" I say excitedly and he laughs, I give him a peck on the cheek in gratitude before saying goodbye and going home.

Y/n's POV:
I woke up due to my alarm, I groaned and got up and got dressed. I remembered I have to go to my trainer this week because I have a fight on Saturday.

Once I was finished getting dressed I walked across the hall to my younger sister's room. She's 11.

I opened the door and she was still asleep. "Natalie" I say softly while shaking her a little. She just mumbled so I shook her harder until she woke up. "Ok,ok I'm up." She says and I laugh "Good now go get dressed for school bug. I'll make breakfast." I inform her and she nods so I give her her privacy and go downstairs to the kitchen.

I made us some grilled cheese and set it on two plates before setting them on the table. It was a sad sight. Two chairs and a small table, the house wasn't barren though. There were family photos from when mum and dad were still alive, a sofa in the living room with a TV and a coffee table. And a lot more pieces of furniture all around the place.

Considering Natalie and I lived alone the place was nice and pretty well kept for an 11 and 18 year old.

I heard Natalie's footsteps dashing down the stairs and the door bursting open. "You all set?" I ask "Yep." She says and I smile, she is so strong after everything we've gone through. We sat in silence and ate, it was nice.

Shortly after I had to take Natalie to school, we got in my black mustang and I drove her to school. "I have to go to the gym so you'll have to walk home or get a friend to drop you off. I'll be back for 6 though and I left some money on the table for food." I say before giving her a kiss on the forehead, she smiles at me and gets out of the car. I wave her off before driving to school myself.

My car pulled up and I turned it off before hopping out and locking it. I entered the hallway and instantly eyes were on me, I ignored them. Just like always. People tried to talk to me but I kept quiet, I didn't like talking to people. That meant I would have to open up and trust them.

I had massive trust issues and if I opened up people might use my past to make fun of me. I know, the school badass is afraid of being judged but I just hate the chance of being laughed at. That's why I haven't interacted with anyone.

I noticed Camila talking to her friends and they all noticed me. She locked eyes with me and gave me a warm smile, it was contagious so I returned it. She blushed which made me smile wider. She had an effect on me but I didn't care, the girl was beautiful, I wish she was mine but I'm also terrified of rejection.

I wasn't scared of her and Austin being together, as soon as I got out of my car I heard that they had split up on Friday. I had a chance but I would never take it. I'm too scared.

Plus I know her friends Shawn and Charlie both want to get with her. That would just cause hassle between me and them and even though I am stronger than both of them put together, me beating up Camila's friends would kill the small chance I have of dating Camila.

I sighed and continued walking to my locker, I put the books in that I had brought home over the weekend to study with into it and got some other books out. I put them in my bag and made my way to home room.

After home room and stares from my fellow classmates the bell rang and classes began. I didn't go to my class like everyone else instead I went to the library like usual.

When I got there it was practically deserted like always. "Hi Mrs Roberts." I greet the middle aged librarian quietly "Morning Y/n." She greets back just as quietly.

I walk over to the table I always sit at and set my bag down before sitting down myself. I take my books out and start studying.

----------------------------------------------
Can I get 5 votes and 2 comments for another update? I'm gonna try it this way so I know people like the story.

Tell me what you thought about this chapter and if you have any ideas why not tell me and if you have feedback tell me that too. I love your comments.

Thanks for reading. -Mason