part 4

Laxus' POV

I walked out the door. "Hurry up you two, I want to get this over with."

"What? Aren't you excited?" Freed said, stepping through the door.

"Are you serious? I mean I don't think we even need to tell them."

"Guys, let's stop arguing. I'm not in the best mood right now, I was up all night worrying."

Mira worries? I never really saw her stressed or anything before...

"Fine," Freed said, rushing into the elevator.

***
"Master! There you are!" Mira ran over to Makarov.

"Hey, where were you guys yesterday?"

Mira grinned, trying to decide how to say it. "We got a procedure done yesterday. I'm pregnant!"

The whole room stopped. Everyone had heard. I facepalmed. "I knew this would happen." Some people were confused, because they didn't really know what had been going on, but most of the people cheered for us.

"Hey, stop being such a downer, Laxus. Talk to people." Freed rushed forward, ready to answer people's questions. I groaned, and decided to stay toward the wall.

I heard a question, someone said, "won't you need a house?" Wow, we hadn't even thought about that. Maybe we should've thought things through...

"We haven't actually really discussed that," answered Freed. "We'd need more money though..."

Mira came back toward the door where I was standing. "Can we leave now?" she asked.

"Yeah, soon. I just wanna go check the board..." I walked over to the board and sighed. Naturally the other members of the Raijinshuu flocked toward me (except Freed who had recently been constantly disobeying me since we saw each other so much). I picked a request off the board and handed it to Bixslow. I left them for a moment, and pulled Freed away from his conversation. "What do you think about Mira joining us in a job?"

Freed looked for a second, and uncertain. But he smiled and said, "Sure. Do we need to go on a job?"

"Freed, have you even thought about how expensive a baby is?"

Freed scratched his neck. "I guess not. But we don't have to worry about that now, do we?"

"Freed..." I grabbed Freed, pulling him closer, and kissed him roughly.

Freed pushed me back. "Laxus, what the heck are you doing?"

"Freed, I love you. But sometimes you're a complete idiot. Kissing used to shut you up..."

Freed looked hurt, and he backed away. "Laxus, what's wrong with you? We're married remember? I'm not just your toy anymore. Stop acting like I'm just your admirer. Do you even actually love me anymore?" Freed was about to cry.

"You're getting it all wrong, Freed. That's not what I meant. I just meant that when we weren't together, you were easier to control, but I know that's not who you--" I touched his arm, but he backed up further.

"Don't touch me. Just leave me alone. I can't talk to you--" his voice caught-- "right now. I'll... I'll talk to you later."

I didn't know he was that offended.

***

Freed's POV

I thought all the drama was over. I thought my insecurities were just worry. I didn't think... I didn't think before then that he could be using me. But at that moment, when I was sitting under the tree next to my old apartment, feeling sorry for myself, I couldn't imagine a possible future with Laxus. For some reason I knew he was going to run off with Mira, and he never loved me.

I covered my pain with my hands, but the tears fell through.

It was like I was at war with myself. I thought, he wouldn't have lied to me for all that time. It doesn't make any sense. But then I thought to my dream and what had happened just now, and I couldn't help but know it was true. I stood up, wiping my tears away and thinking about what my next move would be.

Then I heard a crack above me.

What the--

"Freed, move, you idiot!" I heard Laxus' voice echo out of the bushes. I looked up, and saw a huge tree branch falling, above my head. Wha--

The branch instantly turned black when it was hit with Laxus' lightning. I blinked.

I felt ashes rain down on me. "Laxus... were you watching me?"

"That's what you ask?" Laxus laughed. "How about 'did you just save my life?' Because the answer is yes."

I rolled my eyes, but in my mind, all that I could think was, Laxus. Was watching me. He was watching me, Freed. And at that moment, I knew he loved me. Not that he had protected me, but that he cared for me as I once did-- from a distance. I smiled, thinking how I really was an idiot to even doubt Laxus. I ran into his arms.

"I'm sorry Laxus. I don't know what the heck I was thinking."

"It's the baby. You were having dreams too, weren't you? I had dreams that you and Mira ran off with each other and stole the baby..." he burst out laughing.

"Laxus, you know I'm gay right?" I joined in laughing.

"Hey, I am too, baka."

***

"Where the heck are those two idiots?" Mira groaned.

"Hey, if you thought we're idiots, you wouldn't be having our baby, would you?" Laxus said, stepping through the doors of the guild hall.

"Yeah I would, and that's why I am," she retorted, sticking out her tongue. "By the way, I found us a job, I don't know where you guys were for almost two hours, but here it is."

"What happened to the one I gave Bixslow?" Laxus asked.

"Bixslow went on the job with Lisanna, Elfman, and Evergreen. I think of it more as a double date."

Laxus rolled his eyes. Mira will always be the ultimate shipper.

"They can't go on a job without the Raijinshuu!" I yelled.

Mira looked nervous. "Well, I kinda... blackmailed them."

"You what?"

"I'm sorry, I just didn't think it was a big deal--"

"But they're our team," I said.

"What'd you blackmail them with?" Laxus laughed.

"Hey," I said, punching him playfully. He ignored me.

Mira giggled, taking out some pictures. "I took some pictures of them a few weeks ago," she said, pointing to Lisanna falling asleep on Bixslow's shoulder after a long job she had gone on, Bixlow was blushing. "And I took this yesterday." She took out a picture of Elfman and Evergreen, dressed up at a restaurant.

"They went on a date?" I asked.

"They've been secretly dating for a while. But I finally got a picture of them!" Mira squealed.

I laughed, and understood why they had to go that job, even though I would've told them it would be better for them to tell people their feelings.

"So what's our job?" I asked.

"We're... helping run a restaurant."