part 3

Freed's POV

I sat up in the waiting room chair, putting my head in my hands. Laxus laughed, "we've only been here a few minutes. How are you this impatient?"

"Shut up," I joked. "I'm just nervous." We heard a door opening and looked behind us to the receptionist's counter. Mira talked to the receptionist for a second then came towards us.

We stood up and she said, "Hi guys, I'm here!" she hugged us and Laxus said,

"You ready?"

She smiled and nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be, I guess."

The doctor called us over and talked to us for a while, but I wasn't really listening. I was imagining how things were going to be after the baby was born. Shaking my head, I was brought back into reality.

"And, lastly, no shape-shifting. It's bad for the baby," the doctor said, then showed Mira into the room. She turned back and smiled before the doctor started closing the door.

"You two wait out here." he said, then closed the door the rest of the way. We went back to our spot in the waiting room, and waited there for what seemed like hours.

After a while of saying nothing, Laxus said, "When Mira comes out of there, she'll be pregnant." He looked over at me, and I widened my eyes.

"You're right." then I laughed.

After more agonizing minutes, I asked, "Laxus, what sex do you think the baby will be?"

He stared at the floor for a few moments, saying nothing, then said, "You know, I don't really care. As long as it's alive." My heart sunk in my chest. I hadn't even thought about the possibility of it dying. "I wish I didn't push for that procedure so much. It's probably really dangerous." He ran a hand through his hair. "Sometimes I'm a real idiot, aren't I?" I looked down at the ground, not answering his question. I thought how terrible this would be if all this work would be for nothing. Suddenly the door opened and we both looked up.

"Hey guys. Why the long faces? I'm pregnant!"

***

Walking to the car, we found that it was dark outside.

"Brr, it's cold," Mira said, she was only wearing her normal dress. I was walking on her right, Laxus on her left. Laxus set his coat on her shoulders, and she looked up at him. "Thanks," she said, holding the furry coat so it didn't fall off her tiny shoulders.

Once we reached the car, Laxus got in on the driver's side, with Mira on the passenger's. Meaning I was stuck in the back. I asked Mira once we started driving, "How do you feel?"

She looked back at me. "Well, normal I guess. It's weird... I feel the same."

I nodded my head and was about to say something when we passed a clothing store and Mira shouted, "Hey! Let's go buy some maternity clothes!"

I looked at Laxus nervously, but he just smiled, pulling over. "Okay."

***

Mira laughed, "guys, look at this one! It's so big!" She held it up to herself and laughed even harder. "Wait, is this how big I'm gonna get?" she started crying before I even had the chance to walk over to her.

I started to put a hand on her shoulder. "Mira... Mira, calm down. I bet they gave you a lot of hormones--"

"NO leave me alone!" she yelled, and ran into the bathroom.

I ran past Laxus, who gave me a strange look, and I almost went into the women's bathroom. He grabbed my shoulder. "Stop. Just leave her alone for a minute."

I stood for a few minutes, with Laxus' hand on my shoulder. Soon Mira walked out, brushed her skirt off, then held the maternity dress up again. "You know... it's pretty cute." she walked over to the checkout and put the dress on the counter.

Laxus looked at me, and I laughed. He walked over to Mira and her huge stack of clothes. "We should probably go, I'm pretty sure this store closed an hour ago." She looked at Laxus and frowned, but agreed. We paid and carried the clothes to the car. Mira was very happy now that she had a new closet full of clothes and she ran to the car. Me and Laxus, however, were much slower because we were carrying 20 bags full of maternity clothes.

***

Sitting down on the bed, I lifted my feet and laid down. I was tired, it was one of the most stressful days of my life. There was still a long way to go.

Laxus laid down next to me, and soon I started to drift off to sleep.

"Hey guys, I'm still here!" Mira said awkwardly.

I rubbed my eyes and said, "Oh. Do you want us to take you home?"

She shook her head. "I would want you guys to wake up. I'll just sleep on the couch."

"No, you sleep on the bed with Laxus." And for some reason, I regretted it and hoped she would decline.

"Are you sure..." she asked.

"Of course." I sighed, getting out of the warm bed, grabbing the blanket from the top of the couch, and trying to make myself comfortable. I closed my eyes, not knowing what was awaiting me in my dream world.

Again, there was a baby crying. I smiled to it as I read spells from my old spell book. Suddenly, the fragile creature in my arms was gone, it disappeared into thin air. I looked around, scared out of my mind, then realized no one was next to me. I was all alone. I looked to the door and heard Mira say, "Goodbye Freed," the baby cradled in her arms and Laxus at her side.

I woke in a cold sweat, hyperventilating. My mind was full of fear, but I soon rushed to my senses. None of it had happened. I looked to our bed and saw Laxus facing the wall, far from the middle, but Mira smiling, facing Laxus. I sighed.  Laxus would never do that to me. I felt my mind drifting back to the dream world and soon I was lying down again, sleeping, and dreaming about better things than the ugly tricks my mind was playing on me.

 A/N

Finals are on Wednesday! I'm ready (kind of). The only reason I wrote this chapter was because I was super stressed about studying and I was about to explode. So I decided to write about my OTP to calm me down and I finally finished (with study breaks in between) at 11:08 and I am ready to sleep now! Goodnight everyone :)