Fire dancer

"finally we're finished," Erza sighed. The team had just finished a short mission in the magnolia. They were tasked with catching chipmunks that were loose in a shop. Easier said than done. They were quick little beasts and always seemed to be just out of reach.

"I can't wait to go get something to eat. I'm starving" Natsu said touching his stomach feeling a familiar growl.
"Aye sir!" Yelled happy "I want fish!" He continued babbling about all thing fish until Lucy interjected.
"Happy we get it you like fish!" She said covering his mouth.
The streets suddenly became more and more crowded with people and music could be heard in the distance.

"Wow look at that!" Lucy gasped pointing to the town square. There was a huge circus in its center. Large poles held colored flags and venders lined the streets. People were flooding into a huge red and orange circus tent.

"Come on we have to go see!" She said walking towards the tent. The other, forgetting their hunger and fatigue, followed her into the tent.
The tent was huge, alight with large lanterns, it almost glowed vividly. Taking a seat in the stands they waited. Suddenly the lights went out and in the spot light the ring master appeared. His top hat glittered as he spoke.

"Lady's and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Welcome to magnolias magic circus! Prepaid to be amazed by these mystical acts! Without further a due, enjoy the show! He yelled and the tent came to life with performers. They sparkled and created a magnificent show.

"And now be ready for a blazing performance. Introducing the one, the only mistress of flames, Ember!"

Without warning the lights went out and there was a silence like death. Then a low orange glow came from the center. Then with an explosion of flame, a tornado of fire revealed a beautiful girl in red. She created a ball of fire on a burning rope. She spun it around the space lighting torches on the wall. As she danced to the music her fire came from her hands, fingers and toes. Her tricks were not just dazzling, they were beautiful. She created little red birds that flew over the crowds. Finally she stilled taking in a huge breath. She breathed out a cloud of smoke that sphered around her. A glow like eyes formed in the middle until the cloud disappeared as a huge dragon made of flames  burst forth. It flew around her spinning and twirling. Flying straight up to the ceiling it exploded into millions of confetti like embers. The crowd roared in admiration as she waved and bowed.

Natsu's eyes didn't leave her form until she disappeared behind the velvet curtain. The ring master returned with a smug look on his face that changed into a smile once he spoke.

"Now my beautiful and talented daughter Lena!"

The said Lena began her act but wasn't given the same attention Ember. When she finished she was given short applause. After all the acts were performed the performers came out to give their final bows. Linking hands they bowed waving to the crowd.
They crowd cheered and chanted the name ember. Other performers patted her back in congratulation of her great show. The ring master and his daughter looked infuriated.

The show was over and everyone left the tent. As the team rounded a corner to leave the heard an argument.

"How dare you out shine my daughter!" The ring master yelled pushing ember to the ground outside the tent, "your bags are packed I don't want you anymore"

"But..." She pleaded in vain.
"I said leave!"  He raised his hand to hit her but was thrown back by a fiery punch.
The ring master sat up clutching his face. He stood angrily, "get out of my circus and never come back!" He yelled angrily throwing her suit cases at her and closing the curtains.

Ember stayed on the ground hair covering her face from view. Kneeling down Natsu extended his hand to her, "You all right?"
Nodding slightly she took his hand. It was warm and strong yet soft. he pulled her up from the ground.

"Come back to our guild and have a drink, you'll feel better. Our friend Mirajane makes the best food and we're buying." Erza said taking her hand leading her towards the guild. The long back of her skirt moved like waves as she was practically dragged towards the guild.

"Fairytail..." Ember whispered to herself. She had heard stories of this courageous guild.
The guild was enormous, filled with laughter and wizards. They all say on the velvet bar stools that lined the counter top. They called over a white haired woman. She was beautiful beyond any girl ember had seen.
"Mira, give her whatever she would like and charge it to me." Erza said giving her a pat on the back.

"Sure, what can I get you miss," she said giving a heart warming smile.
"Do you have anything spicy?" She questioned lighting up in hopefulness.
"I can make you some spicy curry. How high would you like your spice rating? It goes from 1-10"
"10 please" she said with a completely straight face.
"Are you sure 10 is really hot" Mira asked in a bit of a shocked state.
"Actually if it could be spicier than that's fine too." Mira bewildered prepared the meal. The others just looked at each other.

Does she know what she's getting into? Thought Natsu as he stared at her. Even he, the fire dragon slayer, couldn't take the heat of her merciless curry.

"I thought the job was easy" Happy said flying over to Natsu.
"Would have been easier if you weren't a sissy little cat!" He said jokingly.
"Feeling better?" Happy said floating over to ember so they were almost nose to nose.

Ember pulled happy from the air and began rubbing and scratching his back.

"Aye sir that feels good." He said cuddling into her as she did. For the first time the whole night ember smiled.

"I don't know what this little creature is but its cute" she said rubbing his belly.
"You flatter him but be carful he can be pain," said Lucy as she took a night of her salad.

"Here's your curry" Mira said putting a bowl of fire red curry before her. The team went silent as she took her first bite.
"Yum this is delicious!" She said as she continued her eating.

"How are you eating that? Isn't your mouth on fire?" Grey asked as he sipped his slushy.

"Actually it's perfect. I love spice" she said and ate some more.
"Here try some," she said holding the spoon to happy's mouth. Happy hadn't been there when she ordered. Unknowing to the danger he eat it.

Happy's face turned bright red
"Ahhhh! Water! WATER!" He screamed fire coming out of his mouth as he ran like a mad man around the guild. It took ten glasses of water and grey slushy before he could feel his mouth.

The whole time Natsu was laughing his ass off at the sight. Ember feeling guilty apologized.

When she finished eating, she let out a content sigh. A small Burt escaped her lips which some fire and smoke to come out as well. She covered her mouth quickly, muttering an apology.

"Thank you all but I really should be going," she so picking up her bags.
"But you don't have anywhere to go," Lucy said trailing after her.
"That's true but I've managed to be homeless for years. I guess I'm just used to it" she sighed
"Come stay with me. My apartment has and extra bedroom and I could use some company," Lucy said lighting up at her idea.

"Are you sure about that?" Ember said thinking it would be rude of her to take a space in someone else's apartment.

"Yeah it fine. I'm happy to have you." Lucy said taking one of her suit cases. They left the guild to Lucy's

Hey guys it's fire bird. Just wanted to say I don't any of the pictures but that's what she's wearing and looks like. Hope you like the story so far.