Chapter Twenty-Three: Loud Music plus Drinks

Start from the beginning

I peer through the crowd at my brother again just as he stands up pulling Claude up with him by the joined hands and walking off towards the woods. But my mind doesn’t really care about them, I’m too busy enjoying my …. Whatever number this bottle of beer is and the music that’s currently thrumming through my veins.

I take another swallow of the drink not being able to taste it anymore, but still loving the buzz it gives me. I raise both arms in the air as the song changes to one I know, letting out a loud cheer along with the other dances I start dancing to this song, singing the lyrics with others. The words coming out slurred.

Ooh. Would you please shut up! Some of us like our sleep. My wolf grumbles as she raises her head annoyed at me.

No, I just want to let loose. I hum back at her.

Yeah, loose your mind. She mutters as she rolls her eyes.

Maybe you should let loose sometime. I laugh as the music continues to thrum through my veins.

Maybe I should. She mumbles. Standing up in a crouch position, readying to strike.

Wait! I shriek.

But it’s too late; she lunges forward taking control of half of my actions. But instead of doing something that would get us both in trouble she howls in joy as she allows the music to sooth her. Shaking her coat out she nods her large head to the music.

This better? She questions after a moment.

I smile for real. Yes it is.

Zoning back into my friends I laugh as Tessa shrieks, turning around in Drew’s arms giving him an evil glare before allowing herself to relax. Drew looks over to me and nods his head colour finally filling his features; I nod my head in return as I lift my bottle up for another drink.

But someone wraps their arm around my waist snatching the bottle from my hand with the other. “My turn.” Nate’s voice sounds in my ear.

I turn my head slightly to look behind me, coming face to face with Nate’s as he smirks at me having a guzzle of my beer. He hands the bottle back to me once he’s done, letting that arm slip around my waist too.

“Didn’t realise we were going to have company.” I mutter as I continue to dance.

“Came down to see what was happenin’ saw you guys and decided to come over.” Nate replied as he holds me closer.

“Please tell me you’ve been drinking and that’s why your acting the way you are at the moment?” I hum as I lean my head on his shoulder not really caring about much.

“Been drinking since before the party started.” Nate mumbles leaning his chin on my shoulder.

“Good.” I whisper.

“Partyin’ without me I see.” Trick says as he appears next to Tommy.

“Naah man, just found some ladies to dance with.” Drew says as he looks over at Nate and I.

“I see.” Trick murmurs as he has a drink of his own beer, handing Nate and Drew each one of their own.

Nate chuckles behind me, brushing his lips over the side of my neck. “See if I was sober I wouldn’t be doing this, I’d never allow myself to get close.” He gives a sloppy kiss just under my ear and I gasp.

Nate chuckles.

“Nate what are you doing?” Trick asks as he watches us.

“Nothin’” Nate replies moving his head away from my neck.

“Right.” Trick smirks knowing exactly what was happening.

I feel myself blush as I look down at Nate’s arms circled around my waist, I know I should pull away that it’s not right but I feel safe here. Like nothing will ever be able to hurt me, but then again that could be the alcohol speaking.

Taking another swallow of my drink I empty yet another bottle, throwing it over my shoulder I lean my head back against Nate’s shoulder allowing him to comfort me as we sway to the music. Listening to the conversations going on through our group and those around us but neither of us contributing to them.

Nate hands his bottle to me, I have a quick swallow then hand it back. The music changes everyone continues dancing guys losing their shirts as they lose themselves to the music further, girls grind themselves against their mates or others as they to get wrapped up in the music.

What a great night; I think to myself as Nate rests his chin on my shoulder again.

                                                                            *  *  *  * 

So that's chapter 23. Hope you enjoyed it.

Pease show me our support in the forms of VOTES and/or COMMENTS and don't forget to FAN :)

I'm not sure what I should put as a question for this chapter, but you have a question for me about anything don't hesitate to ask. :)

Please enjoy your day or whateva.

At the moment for me its blowing a gale and raining :)

SoaringSpirit :D