Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

Isabella 

Reunion Dinner

I picked up the dress and looked at it before shaking my head, and throwing it on the ground. We have just got done with practice and guess what Ryder did the whole time? Your right annoying the hell out of me. I picked up another dress and examined it, before tossing that one to in the pile.

"Lacey what do I do," I said picking up the last dress in the pile. It was simple and perfect. At the moment though, while we get ready, we decided to talk about how to deal with Ryder and his asshole of a player James.

"He is a jackass and well you are screwed my friend," she said putting on the last of her makeup.

"Wow great advise," I say turning to her.

"Hey my advise is always right. You wait and see," she said pointing a finger at me.

"Yeah, yeah, lets finish getting ready or we are going to be late as usual."

We put on our dresses and shoes. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. It is a strapless purple dress, that I pair with hoop earrings and black pumps. I looked at Lacey and she is wearing a blue strapless dress with diamond earrings and sliver sandals. We give each other the approving nod and walk out the door and head towards my car.

Fifteen minutes later, we pull up to my house. Even though I don't live here I have a room and food and everything here. I park the car and walk up the sidewalk with Lacey behind me. I don't even knock and just walk right in.

"Hello we are here!"

My cousin, Mason comes running into the room, and tackles me in a bear hug.

"Izzy it is so great to see you," he says putting me down.

"You to Mason. You remember my best friend, Lacey right?"

"Yes I do and hello again," he says shaking her hand.

"Sup."

Yup, that is Lacey for you. We walked into the living room and saw that everyone was already here. I turn to Lacey and frown.

"Damn it we are late again Lacey," I say stomping my foot like a five year old. 

Everyone laughs at my childish except Ryder. Of course. I say hi to everyone, except Ryder and take a seat by Lacey at the love seat. Everyone makes small chat except me. Until my dad brings up the one thing I wish he didn't.

"So I got the list of auditions for the end of the year dance solo today."

"Oh yeah, who was on it? Anyone good," my aunt asks.

"Yes, but one really stood out to me."

"Who," my uncle asks.

My dad looks at me and smiles. "She is sitting on the love seat right now and is hiding behind her hair."

Every head in the room turns to me. I let out a nervous laugh.

"Wow great joke dad," I say nervously.

"Stop lying Izzy and tell everyone."

I let out a sigh and look at everyone, and see how they are waiting for me too answer. I run a hand through my hair and look up again.

"I didn't sign up. Lacey signed me up. I told everyone I don't want to be in the spotlight, but do you listen no. You give me solos and duets that I don't want! So there you happy dad? I said it and I will do an amazing solo that no one has ever master. So deal with it. Come on Lacey we are leaving," I say grabbing my keys and walking out the door.