Chapter 1: Sophie gets to go to a sleepover

A/N: Again, this takes place right after Exile. Please read and comment your opinion!

When Sophie entered study hall, Biana rushed towards her and dragged her over to their table. Sophie saw the excited glint in her friend's bright teal eyes and looked at Biana curiously. She wanted to know why her friend was so excited.

"Guess what?" Biana exclaimed in a not-so-quiet whisper, earning them a glare from Lady Dariya, who was watching over study hall today.

Yeah?" Sophie whispered back. She set her stuff on the table in front of her. She got out her linguistics notebook and tried to finish up the homework that Lady Cadence had assigned her.

"You get to come over for a sleepover today!" Biana said giddily. "We could even do makeovers! Well if you want to, that is." Biana added with a look at Sophie that said, You are so not getting out of this.

Sophie sighed. She was glad to spend the night with her best friend but it scared her at the same time. Sure, she could save the world and almost die a thousand times, but the prospect of Biana giving her a makeover terrified her.

"Great!" Sophie tried to sound cheerful. "When should I come over? Do Grady and Edaline know yet?" She added.

"Just come over right after you finish packing your stuff up after school." Biana said with a smile. "Yeah, Grady and Edaline know already. Oh and did I mention that Keefe is coming over too? Fitz invited him for a sleepover." She added absentmindedly.

"Oh ok." Sophie said calmly. Though inside she was exploding. Why oh why did Keefe had to come? Now she was going to have to look out for bogweed in her clothes or something.

Just then, school ended and Sophie raced out the door to get to the light leapers. After walking down the hallway, she reached one. "Havenfield." Sophie called out - stepping forward - and the light swept her away from Foxfire. When she got home Grady and Edaline were out in the animal pens. Grady was letting the meganura get excercise as Edaline was wrestling the vermilion.

Sophie ducked inside and grabbed a piece of mallowmelt to eat while she packed a small bag. She raced up the stairs to her room and found Iggy waiting for her. Sophie smiled at his pink curls and let him stay on her shoulder as she tossed stuff that she would need for the night into a satchel.

When Sophie was done packing, she double checked everything and then put Iggy into his cage. She scrawled out a quick note to Grady and Edaline that told them where she was going and left it in the kitchen. Then she went up to the fourth floor to the leapmaster.

"Everglen!" She called out and a crystal came down. Sophie gave a weak smile and stepped into the light.

A/N: So I hoped you like this little introduction! Please please please leave your thoughts and opinions in comments! I feel evil for leaving you at a cliffhanger, but I need to formulate a plan for the rest of the story. Bye! <3