Chapter 2: Sophie goes to Everglen

A/N: Well I think I only got 5 or 3 views so far and no one knows about this story so... but for my non-existent readers, here's the next chapter! I started writing this when I got bored in school, and completed it later. It's a lot longer and I hope you like it!

   As Sophie stood in front of the blinding gates of Everglen, she contemplated what she could do to get Biana to not do makeovers. She shook her head in frustration, deciding that she'd figure it out later. Just then, the gates opened, the blinding light from them fading as it revealed Fitz standing in front of her.

   Fitz flashed his movie star worthy smile and welcomed her in. Sophie tried to push down the feelings that her heart seemed determined to make clear. Sophie adjusted her satchel strap and faced Fitz. His teal eyes shone in the faded light of the gates.

   "Where's Biana? She said she'd meet me at the gate." Sophie asked him. "Not that I mind you meeting me at the gate, I was just wondering where she was." She added hurriedly. She officially felt like smacking her face into a wall. Why oh why was she so awkward?

   Fitz's eyes glinted and his expression was amused, yet kind. "She's getting ready for your sleepover. She kept on muttering something about needing new hair curling elixirs and was going on a room cleaning rampage." He explained with a shrug.

   "Oh ok, so I guess I'll go find her..." Sophie's voice trailed off. "She's in her room, right?" She confirmed and with a nod from Fitz she waved a small goodbye to him and entered the house. Sophie climbed the stairs and used her memory of Everglen to find Biana's room. Sophie eventually ended up at Biana's door and rapped the door 3 times.

   "Come in!" A female voice called out from inside the room. Sophie opened the door and entered Biana's immaculate room. Taking it all in, she realized everything was so... clean. It looked like a team of house cleaners from the Forbidden cities had come in and attacked the place with dusters and polishers.

   Biana was crouching in the corner of the room doing something but looked up as Sophie closed the door behind her. Biana stood up and smiled. She brushed off her black leggings and smoothed out her gorgeous teal tunic that matched her eyes. It had beautiful embroidered white and black flowers on it.

"Hey Sophie! You can set your stuff down over there." Biana greeted her and pointed to her bed.

   "Hi Biana. So what are we going to do?" Sophie asked after setting down her satchel. She immediately regretted those words though, because the second they left her mouth Biana got a mischievous expression on her immaculate features. Uh oh... Sophie thought imagining horrors that her friend could think up. The expression on her best friend's face made her think that she had been spending too much time with Keefe.

  "Well I thought that we'd-" Biana started but Sophie never got to find out what she would've said because at that moment Fitz and Keefe entered the room.

   "Hey Biana? Keefe and I were wondering if you you two wanted to do something." He said, not realizing that he'd interrupted his little sister. Biana looked extremely annoyed but softened her expression when she noticed Keefe.

   "Fine, but Sophie and me get to choose what we do." She said. Fitz groaned but agreed to it. "Well come on then!" Biana urged them and dragged Sophie downstairs, forcing the boys to follow her.

   After a 5 minute walk...
   Sophie gasped as they entered a small clearing in the gardens of Everglen. There was a circle of trees with snow white leaves and dark gold blossoms circling it. There were a couple benches to sit down at in the middle and all in all it was beautiful with the emerald green grass and sapphire blue sky complementing it too. Silver flowers laced the ground and Sophie felt like she was walking on clouds. (A/N: I made this up, don't judge. Oh... and I just realized that I left Dex out of this story! I feel horrible now... I love Dex too but if I add him now it'll look too weird so I hope you guys don't mind.)

Sophie took a seat down next to Biana, across from Fitz. She weakly smiled at her 3 friends but inwardly groaned. Whatever they decided to do was going to be painful.

A/N: So that's it! I love leaving you guys on cliffhangers sorry but I see what authors mean when they say that it's fun! Anyways, I'll see you on my next update! Please comment, vote, and read! I used way too many exclamation points... Also check out my other story, it's one I wrote originally about a race of people called the Animorphi. Props to you if you actually read this way too long author's note. Bye!  ~readerwriter6262