Alternate Epilogue Part 2

(After Grace and Ashton's letters)

Calums's POV

I ignore my mum calling my name, although I can hear it through my earphones. I'm not in the mood for social interaction today.

I just want to be left alone.

No, that's a lie. I want to be with her. Wherever that is.

She and Ashton are done with us. They aren't coming back. They said their final goodbyes for whatever reason that may be, they're gone forever.

She finally comes up to my room, knocking. I ignore her again, wishing everyone would just leave me alone with my anguish.

Then she opens the door, and looks at me, I stare, mindlessly at the ceiling.

"Calum?" she says. I ignore her once more, turning up my music and closing my eyes.

Now that I remember everything, it hurts even more. I don't want to feel anything anymore, my mum must finally get fed up with me, because she snatches a headphone out my ear.

I look up at her angrily."What mum? What can be so goddamn important right now?!" I scream, my eyes soften slightly, feeling guilty for yelling, "Shit, I'm sorry, I just- I really want to be alone right now,"

Her lips pucker, but she doesn't yell at me for cursing. Something's wrong. My face softens."Mum?" I ask, she just smiles and hugs me.

"There's someone downstairs waiting for you." She gestures with her hands for me to get up and move, I frown.

Who?

But curiosity wins the game and I slowly make my way down the stairs. Suspicious isn't the word for my mood.

When I look up, my jaw drops to the floor.

Her.

Grace.

I watch her smile quickly break out and rush towards her. I wrap my arms around her, and lift her from the ground, spinning with her in my arms.

"Oh my fûcking god I don't believe it," tears stream down my face uncontrollably.

She's here, she's back here with me. She can fix me, she can mend my broken self.

She can complete me.

I set her down, and look into her eyes, "Gracie baby, I missed you," I whisper, my voice breaking.

She smiles, as tears silently slide down her cheeks, "I missed you so much you wouldn't believe it. Every day I was gone."

I don't speak another word, instead I do something I've yearned to do since the day she left and smash my lips against hers, savouring the moment as the world moved in slow motion.

When we pull away, I kiss her forehead, and then rest my own against hers.

"You're mine,"

"Always,"