T h i r t y S i x

Calum - to her

My Gracie,

We got new tattoos today, new ones for you and Ashton.

We each chose a different lyric from one of our favourite songs!

Runaway by All Time Low.

We each chose one that meant something between each of us and the both of you.

'We trace our steps to a great unknown'

That was mine for Ashton because me and Ashton hung out whenever you wasn't around, at first it wasn't often but as time went on, we were as close, almost as close you an I. But sometimes Ashton had these crazy adventures planned and I went along even though I had no idea where he was taking me most of the time.

'They won't catch us in the dark'

Was Michael's for Ashton. They had a real bad habit of stirring up mischief in the dead of night didn't they? Sneaking out and breaking in to buildings just for a laugh and every time one of them panicked, the other told them they wouldn't get caught. So that ones pretty self explanatory.

'Roll like thunder, burn like stars'

This was Luke's for Ashton and the story behind it is pretty simple. You remember when we went out to a party to celebrate Ashton's 18th, he got wasted and convinced Luke to sing on the bar with him and this was the lyric he screamed at Luke for the rest of the night?

'We're going down this road with tears in our rear view mirrors'

This was mine for you baby because the night you got that fifth strike and was ordered to come home, we both knew the night wouldn't end well and this, well this explains everything in that moment as we headed back to your house.

'Never turn around, no matter what they say, we'll find a way'

This one is pretty fucking hilarious, it's Michael's for you girl! For when you freaking broke into the school to go swimming in the pool and when the police showed up you ran like crazy people to get away. Then you showed up at my house and I about pissed my self. Again, Michael's is self explanatory.

'Far from home, but in the dark you know, with me you've got nothing to fear'

Luke's for you straight forward as well, you had this connection with Luke didn't you? You've always been close but what you guys have is special, best friends or whatever. You trust each other and always have each other's backs no matter what. If one needs the other at 3am, you're always there and it's as simple as that, no matter what. No questions, no judgement.

So that's what we got, in yours and Ashton's honour because we love and miss you guys.

I love you Grace!

Love Calum x