Chapter Twenty Two

When Tyson woke up, he hadn't expected his day to be as eventful as it was. He chatting with one of the parents from the village, Elise. She watched her son, who was 9, running around happily. He had an affinity for air, and a hint of fire; like a combination of Cassidy and Lykon.

Mid-sentence, Lykon came flying into him as he tripped over a small rock sticking out of the ground.

"Mum?"

He looked stunned as he looked up at Elise, who looked utterly confused. Tyson looked around, and saw a girl that he didn't know, who seemed to be looking for someone. Frustrated when she couldn't see the person, she stormed off in a different direction. Tyson turned his attention back to the two in front of him; Lykon and Elise.

"Look, I don't know who you are, but I'm not your mother. I only have one child, and he's over there," She said, looking over at her son, Arion.

"But... Mum?" He seemed genuinely shocked, and then gave her a massive rug, resulting in her looking at Tyson, panicked.

Before Tyson could do anything, Cassidy suddenly appeared.

"LYKON! You should have told me that Elofia-" She froze when she looked at the woman that he was hugging.

"Mum? What- Why- How?"

"I'm not your mother! I told this boy here, that I don't know him! Do you know this boy?"

"Don't you?" Cassidy seemed on the verge of tears at this point, "That's your son, Lykon! I'm Cassidy! Your daughter! Where's dad? Why did you leave?" She looked up at Elise hopefully, but she looked as confused as Lykon.

"I'm sorry, I think you've got the wrong-"

"Is your name Elise Marie Heart? Did you live in Clifftop in the past, with two children?" Cassidy interrupted, tears streaming down her face. Lykon stood next to her at this point, having released Elise.

"Yes, but-"

"THEN WHY DON'T YOU REMEMBER US!" She cried, no longer holding back her tears. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE US? Why did you leave me? Why don't you remember me?"

When Cassidy quietly cried the last section, Elise's eyes seemed to cloud over, before clearing again, and she looked horrified.

"Cassidy Elixir Heart? Lykon Arion Tyler? How- Why- Why did I leave you? Why do I only now remember you? Why did I leave you two? Why do I only now remember you...?" She looked horrified, heartbroken and in a lot of pain, and she had started to be full of tears.

Realising what had just happened, Tyson figured out why Elise didn't previously know who Lykon and Cassidy were; Cassidy had said to remember her with a lot of power, and unknowingly used her charmspeak, which had managed to break the charm that had been placed over her mother by another Charmspeaker.

"Cassidy; your Charmspeak! You broke a charm that was placed over her – Now she remembers leaving the two of you, who she didn't know existed until now... She must be completely broken. Elise left you both alone, and she doesn't remember why!"

Hearing all of the commotion, a small boys runs over and hugs his mother, who hugs him back. Alion.

Clearing the tears from her eyes, Cassidy gathered up all of the strength that she could, and from what her eyes looked like, Tyson knew exactly what she was going to do.

"There was an earthquake and fire in clifftop, caused by some rogue elementals. There were a lot of casualties, and most people didn't survive. The bodies weren't recognisable afterwards, and there were two children about our age who you believed to be us. You were out with dad that day, and we were with our schools. We got lost in the forest, and you and father thought that we were dead." Cassidy looked at the little boy, and Tyson tried to figure out what was going on in her mind. "You didn't want to believe it was us, and tried to search for us, but you had a baby on the way, and you had to give up. No longer wishing to be in Clifftop, the place that you remembered to be our home, you left, and tried to raise your son as best you could, and you were happy."