Chapter 13

Even after Ciel's suspension was lifted, he didn't return to school. Sebastian hadn't contacted him in anyway at all either. A feeling formed in the pit of his stomach that he wanted to push away; that Sebastian was fed up with him.

That possibly he had even become so tired of him as to abandon his meal without a second thought. Ciel couldn't think like that. If he was really going to leave him though he had to say goodbye.

He grumbled and rolled to the side of his bed. His eyes seemed to always be drifting over to the pills and the alcohol but each time he pinched himself for being weak and turned away.

Where was he?

Ciel silently pleaded for him to return and every night fell asleep hoping he'd suddenly show up at the window or perhaps he would wake up in his arms but — he never did.

Sooner than he'd prefer, he returned to school. People obviously would tease him for being a wuss and skipping out after his suspension was over and done with but he couldn't care less. The only one that consumed his thoughts were Sebastian.

The boys who had been suspended along with him shot dirty glances. Ciel took that as a warning to not bump into them on the streets.

Hah, as if he would be going out.

Days past, weeks, an entire month now. It was now November and the leaves were at their fullest in colour. He didn't care much for the nature; he stayed inside, only leaving if his 'job' called for him.

A frown was situated on his face as he rested his head in his hands, taping his fingers rhythmically on the table whilst droning out the teachers quite boring lesson.

The day ended and Ciel rushed out as fast as he could, making it safely to the bus and obtaining a 'safe-haven' like seat. He sighed in relief as he watched the buildings pass as the bus rolled on.

When Ciel got there, Alois was standing at the door, swooning at a tall, dark haired man that resembled Sebastian. Could it be? Ciel became giddy as he tried to contain his happiness, but when the male turned to face him, azure orbs met with golden.

Ciel pouted and made his way inside. His back tingled and he turned back to see the males eyes making holes in his back. He rushed to his room and plopped himself on his bed with a sigh.

He felt needy. His body needed Sebastian. He couldn't stand it. Sebastian was like a drug and Ciel was now addicted, making it near to impossible to cope without his touch.

The small bluenette groaned and flopped down, burying himself in the pillows. He got up and lazily walked to his drawers where two of Sebastian's dress shirts lay neatly folded.

Ciel put them on for when he went to sleep or if he needed comfort. They seemed to do the trick. It wasn't like Sebastian was there but it was as darn close as he could get.

He slipped one on, not bothering to put pants on underneath. He was always alone and the shirt went down to almost his knees but were short enough to expose some of his thighs.

Sebastian had commented on how cute he looked in them and was responded to with a loud 'shut up, am not!' and an elbow in the side.

Ciel lay on his stomach whilst inspecting a book. His nose was so deep in the pages he didn't notice that someone had entered the room until a weight brought down the bottom left end of the mattress.

Ciel froze and looked back with a glare in his eyes to see the man from earlier running his eyes up and down Ciel's exposed body. He immediately sat up and pulled his legs underneath his shirt and glared furiously at who this was.

His gaze darted to the door for a second then back. Where was Alois? He thought that the two seemed awfully close earlier... Panic built up inside him but he kept his steady and angry gaze.

The male licked his lips before speaking. "Ah, I thought I smelled Sebastian, I apologize." His accent was smooth and clear, just like Sebastian's.

Ciel didn't respond.

"What I'm wondering is; why did he leave his meal all alone and unprotected. I thought he knew what happens to his food if he leaves it out in the open."

Ciel shivered. "I'm not his meal," he snapped angrily. "Get the fuck out."

The golden eyed male looked rather amused at Ciel's snappiness as he let out a soft chuckle... Much like Sebastian's. Ciel's eyes narrowed. Who the fuck was this.

"What if I told you that Sebastian just sent me to do a little babysitting while he was away, hm?" He spoke in a calm manner.

"I don't need to be babysat," he huffed. "But i doubt he would ask you."

Claude scoffed and put a hand under his chin. Ciel didn't flinch, he just stared into his cruel golden eyes with hatred and annoyance, no fear. The man took a breath and his eyes flashed the demonic pink for a moment. He had smelled his soul. He needed to taste it.

He leaned in and —

"Claude!" Alois's voice rung out.

He sighed and dropped his hand, Ciel giving him a look of pure hatred. Said 'Claude', dusted stood up and dusted himself off, giving Ciel a hungry look.

"I must be off... It was nice meeting you, Ciel." He winked before strutting out of his room.

He shivered, pulling the covers over his body. He didn't want to come out. He wanted to be sick. A faint buzzing was audible to Ciel's ears and he poked his head up and out of the covers.

The caller I.D. read 'Sebastian.'

Ciel scrambled over to the phone and lifted it to his ear, out of breath from his clumsy little run from his bed to the dresser across the room.

"Sebastian?" He panted, overjoyed.

He didn't even get a hello or anything back. Sebastian sounded quite serious and... Devastated slightly? When he spoke.

"I know who killed your parents."

The phone beeped as Sebastian hung up, leaving Ciel standing with his mouth agape, one hand holding the phone in front of his face and the other dangling at his side.

At least he'd heard from him.

Finally.