Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen : Matthias Pilot

I hear a heard of elephants come down the stairs while I stood here crying, holding her tightly in my arms. Micah, Nikolai and Judah come into my sight and all their jaws drop when their eyes land on me. I probably looked insane, standing here with a girl bleeding out in my arms.

What would my parents say?

Micah walks over with his arms extended and I growl out, "Fuck off." I snapped and I watched as Judah rolled his eyes.

"C'mon Matt, I need to fix her up now unless you want her to die," Micah whispers and I hate how right he was. I hate how concerned he looked and most of all I hated the way he was looking at me right now.

He knows. He knows that I've come to grow attached to this annoying girl and he knows that right now I'm dying inside because I want nothing more than for her to be better but I cant - I wont let her out of my sights because Harrison got to her. He used her to get to her brother and now he was using her to get to us.

Someone removes her sleeping form out of my arms and I crumble, I drop to my knees and I faintly hear Judah calling for Grady while Nikolai and Micah whisk her away from me. More footsteps attack the steps and Grady stands there with a confused looking Dathan, "Kailen's watching the girls...What happened?" Dathan asks but I kept shaking my head.

It felt so hard to breathe. It felt like there was a grown man jumping up and down on my chest, stealing away all my air. Judah takes Dathan out of the room, leaving just Grady and I.

I was gasping for air and tears prickled my eyes once again, "Matt, breathe in slowly and out slowly. You need to calm down." He whispers but that only made me angry. He was treating me like I was a small child. I wasn't, I was just terrified because this sweet innocent girl was sucked into this life and was caught in the cross fire for the second time and I wasn't there to protect her.

I try to calm down but I couldn't, it seemed impossible, and than I saw her small body run to me with her arms outstretched, "Uncle Mattis, where's aunt livia?" Marlowe asks and I couldn't help but laugh a little and I felt myself calm down. I wrap my arms round her tightly and hold her to me.

The day Olivia and I took the girls Marlowe grew attached to Olivia immediately, they were joined at the hip and Marlowe started calling Olivia aunt livia and never once did she correct her.

"Little lady bug, aren't you suppose to be upstairs with Kailen and Novella?" I question, completely blowing off her question about Olivia. One pro about children is their easily distracted and you can change the topic without them even noticing.

She giggles and pokes my forehead, "Yesh, but I wanna see you," She says and Grady laughs when another set of footsteps make it down the stairs.

"There you are! Dont do that!" Kailen snaps, scowling at the laughing girl in my arms. Standing up I hold her to my chest and snicker. All of us Pilot boys don't know what the word smile means.

Kailen bounces a wide awake Novella in his arms and picks Marlowe up out of my arms, throwing her gently over his shoulder, causing her to squeal, "Back upstairs we go," He says, before shooting me a look, "She'll be alright," He added on in a whisper before leaving me and Grady alone.

We stand there in silence and I bring a hand down my face, this was all just too much. All these fucking emotions and there's only one person to blame for them and her name is Olivia Avaon Adelaide.

"You do have to talk about it, doesn't matter if its with me or not, you have to open up." Grady says before leaving me there alone with my thoughts. Dangerous move.