f o u r

lost stars | jjk

lost stars | jjk

« kim minjoo »

Jungkook didn't turn back even once.

His body faded within the mass of moving bodies, the crowd swallowing his form whole with little to no effort and discarding an awkward air of silence to be savoured between the three of us. I managed to catch the top of his raven head, distancing further and further away before losing sight of it as he turned a corner.

My gaze switched back to Eunkyung, noting the sparkle of hope in her iris gone and replaced with a rejected gloss.

Jimin seemed just as, if not more troubled, eyes boring into the side of his girlfriend's head with his eyebrows pinched together.

"Are you..." My thoughts ran over my words, uncertainty slipping into my tone, "—gonna go after him?"

Eunkyung's gaze fell to the ground, head shaking dolefully, "There's no point. He won't listen to me."

I studied her posture, also eyeing Jimin's stiff body language as he fidgeted with his footing. He wanted to talk to her. It was beyond obvious. But she looked so out of it, he probably couldn't bear to ask anything that could cause potential tears.

I held up my hands, "Well, I have two ice creams to finish now, thanks to that asshole. So I'll be taking my leave. Enjoy your night."

Dipping my head curtly, I wasted no time in striding away from the rather distressed couple. I cast a few glances back in curiosity as I walked away, but they remained at the exact spot Jungkook left them, allowing people to weave past them with odd glances like statues placed in the middle of a park.

It was the fourth time I peeked at them and turned back around that things went downhill.

The crushed cones tumbled out of my hands as my mouth fell open in shock, the cold touch of melted ice cream seeping between the cracks of my fingers.

"You—you—bitch!"

My eyes trailed down the bulging stomach before me, landing on the two ice cream stains smeared across the front.

A heavy gulp rolled down my throat.

I lifted my head.

The man was a whole two feet taller than me, dressed in a crumpled business suit unbuttoned and hanging half-on off his shoulders. The stench of cheap beer and soju wafted off him, inducing an immediate gag reflex I failed to suppress as I inhaled the distinctive smell of alcohol and vomit clinging onto him.

"I'm s-sorry, sir. It was an accident."

A vein popped on his forehead.

"Accident?! Get over here, you stupid girl!"