Chapter 17

I lock my hand with Zeke's, his hot fingers slipping between mine like a perfect jigsaw piece. I push open the conference room and step in, i walk to stand in front of the projector screen and scan the table.

Captain is sat to the right of me, his head low and not making eye contact with me. Next to him is Thor and then Hawkeye. To my right is my dad, he looks exhausted. Next to him is Banner and hrs looks like he want to be anywhere but here.

"Are you okay now?" Dad asks, glancing up at me.

"Yeah, Im fine." I mutter as Zeke pushes a seat next to me.

I sit down and prepare for what their reactions can be. My heart starts to throb inside me as my mind races.

"Im sick." I whisper.

"What do you mean?" Thor questions.

"My mutation will take over my body within about 10 days and i won't be able to control myself."

"What do you mean?" Hawkeye repeats what Thor said. I glance over at my dad, he stares straight at the wall, his eyes froze.

"Skye is dying." Zeke interrupts.

Dad jumps out of his chair, scraping it across the floor and storming out of the room.

I bow my head as a tear trickles down my face. Why did my dad walk out?

"Im so sorry." Hawkeye says, his voice barely loud enough for me to hear.

Suddenly, glass smashing rings in my ears. I jump out of my seat and race to the door.

"Skye, be careful." Zeke warns.

The s.h.i.e.l.d workers are stood with their backs against the wall closest to the elevator, their eyes wide with shock. Opposite, my dad is stood in the middle of the control room, a chair in his hands and he swings it over his head.

"Dad!" I shout and he turns to see me.

Dads eyes are full of tears and some have escaped down his tense face.

"I can't lose you. I can't handle it." He admits.

Dad lets go of the chair and it goes to fly out of the wall covered window. Instantly, i use my power to stop it and the chair leg hits the window, a small crack forming on the glass in front of him. Dad turns to see me and i drop the chair.

"Think how it is for me. I have to be strong for Hope and Lucas. But inside, i can't handle it either."

"You can't die!" Dad shouts back.

"Its out of my control. Im trying to do things, but its not working. I need you to stay strong too." I whisper, a tear falling from my eye.

"Ill try too." He admits, stepping towards me and pulling me to his chest.

Dad wraps his arms around my shoulders and holds me close, kissing my hair.

"I love you, kiddo." He whispers into my ear.

"I love you too dad."

Two men in black bullet proof vests and ear pieces in their ears drag my dad away from me. He kicks at them as tears flow down his cheeks.

"Stop. Colson tell them to stop." I shout, staring over at him and sending him a evil look.

"Stop." Colson orders.

The two men stop, they let go of dad and he spins to see them, stepping forward slightly.

"You lot are so tight." He comments in Colsons face, hands balling into fists.

"Dad, leave Colson alone." I whisper and he unballs his fists, turning to see me.

"Skye, are you okay?" Zeke asks, strolling up to me and placing his hand between mine. I nod and smile at him.

"Come with me." Colson orders, walking down a corridor.

We follow Colson to a small meeting room. It contains a small wooden table with three chairs on either side of the long table. I sit on the closest chair and Zeke sits on one side of me, dad sits on the other side. Colson sits on the chair opposite.

"Dad, leave Colson alone, he's doing an amazing job with the scientists. They're trying to make a drug for me to take to stop the spreading." I explain.

"You're trying experimental drugs?"

"Yes. I am that desperate." I whisper.

"How long have you known about this?" Dad asks slowly.

"A few months."

"A few months and you're only telling me now?" He shouts, standing up and placing his hands on the table.

"I am exactly like you then." I point out.

Dad sighs and marches out, slamming the door behind him.

"Damn it." I curse under my breath.

"You Avengers cannot hold your anger." Colson comments.